BASS BARN banner

Unsuccessful tuna report in Cape Cod on Sept 13

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ffiisshh0 
#1 · (Edited)
I fished with Capt Ralph of the Osysea out of Provincetown yesterday.
Tuna fishing has been tough for me and they call me human banana.
Even Ralph found tuna for us, I still managed to find a way to lose the fish.

It was a good one judging by the weight I felt and big and wild head shakes.
The tuna ate live mackerel and I fought the fish with Black Hole Cape Cod Special jigging rod and JM PE10 reel.
Unfortunately I lost the fish as the leader line got broken. I used 100 lb leader line and the line shouldn't get broken as I used 25 lb initial drag.
When I checked the lien, it got chafed. The tuna must swallowed the hook.

Jimmy the Greek got 2 for 2 fishing nearby. A lots of boat hooked up tuna.

Fall run started.

See less See more
#2 ·
50 miles away from where we fished, my friend Adam ventured out to find bigger bluefin and he got his wishes He fought 4 hours for 600 lb - 800 lb giant using light Black Hole Cape Cod Special 450g jigging rod and Stella 20000. But he lost the big giant on the boat side within harpoon range when the line departed.

#3 ·
Hi Kil, It's hard to believe John could fight a 600lb tuna for 4 hours without a harness & straps, This only apply is thats John in the pics, If so he's a fighting machine L.o.l., Honestly last month I fought a eighty pounder for 1.5 hours before the hook pulled and I must say the battle was not fun at all,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.