Croc concerns
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Krazy8
  • 1 Post By Homer

Thread: Croc concerns

Default Croc concerns

Quick question. My parents have a place in Key Largo and we fish quite a bit for sharks off of the dock. Yesterday my brother came across an 8 foot plus crocodile in the water. Curious to how aggressive these guys are normally. I don't want to tie into one with 650 pound leader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Use a lighter leader. LOL!

I dont really have concerns with crocs. I wear them sometimes. They are comfortable, offer grip, and absorb the sea! I know that people make fun of them...but I dont care and Im not concerned with it at all!

Unless you meant a different Croc!!!!
    2003 42' Wesmac 3406e Cat 800hp

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

We use LP 16 or 18 circles with the barbs removed on 10 to 12 feet of leader at a minimum. We fish using conventional rods and swimming baits out or using a large spinner we can cast smaller baits (9500 Penn). We used a chopped bat to toss bait last year, and that may become this year's new exclusive method. I'm already concerned about manatee fouling up it's just another maybe I guess...

I am guessing by the responses they aren't of much concern. Probably just exploring and long gone by now anyway. GoPro will be rolling and lights on lol. Going to attach a weight to the GoPro this year for on the dock. If it falls off I can find it in the morning. The damn floaty worked as promised. My camera floated away into the dark.

It is the alligators you need to worry about
    Jhudds likes this.
    "
    Adventures In Conspicuous Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
    It is the alligators you need to worry about
    not gators...I will post a photo in a few weeks if I can. 100 percent American corcodiles in salt water lol

Crappy photo but it's to the right of the boat...It's the only one my brother managed to get where you could see anything. He said the whole body was visible at one point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161228_151143120_HDR_1485385729880.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	366370  

i think you need to spend a couple more weeks on that photo.....
    R & R likes this.
    http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic13245_1.gif

A large croc could take a human standing at the edge of a dock with ease. Of course the chances of that happening are minimal, but since you asked............

I will be Banned, gone 100%, no more posting anywhere in this site. Any clearer for you.
    Done deal. This is my handshake and I wouldn't be using any other name to come back as a different screen name. I'd be gone 100%.
    I just figured some of you guys would now need to take the time to find your Manhood. Let's see money couldn't get you to bet, now free bet couldn't get you to bet. No confidence in yourselves and your candidate. Go figure all talk and no set.

Haven't seen one yet this week. Plenty of big sharks and the weather is beautiful. Will keep you guys posted.

Back at it tonight...Will see what shows up

Hooked a crocodile and chased it in the boat. Still playing with the sharks but Jesus Christ that was insane!

Nope nope nope....It's still around the dock. Not playing around with this thing. The dock is raised concrete and I don't want to be that close! We fly home tomorrow and I'm fine with that!

Apparently gators are eating golfers in Ft Meyers this week. Talk about a water hazard.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.