keeping flounder question
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JoeyZac

Thread: keeping flounder question

Default keeping flounder question

With the possibility of the crappy regs, would it be legal as a cape may marina boat to fish Deleware waters,limit on there regs early in the day, run over to the ferry terminal, have 1 of my guys board the ferry with the cooler, then meet me back at the dock later in the afternoon Once i get back in with the legal limit of N.J flounder and split the fish between us all ? I understand the money and practicaity of the scenerio ,just curious.
    Last edited by BUTTCRACKBENNY; 01-12-2017 at 03:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Or keep it simple and not try to push the envelope and just abide by the rules like everyone else..........Another option that would make sense for you would be to just move your boat to Delaware, slip it there and it would be less of a hassle for you.
    Don't CHASE Reports-MAKE THEM!!!!!

The general consensus on the rules is that it comes down to "possession" and "location."

If you are in NJ, and you are found in "possession" of fish that are illegal in NJ, I don't see why they would care where you caught them.

It's not really any different from legally catching stripers just off the beach in early am, and then going out to a wreck for some Tog over the 3 mile line. The fish were legal where you caught them, but you have now brought them into an area where it is illegal to "possess" them.
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

JZ nailed it. If you come back to a Delaware marina you're fine. It goes based on possession. If you're found in NJ waters or come back to an NJ marina and are found in possession of those fish you'll be fined. They actually don't care where you caught them.
    Captain Jay

I has to cost too much in fuel to that.
    I think joey has it correct.

JZ has it right.

if you have to ask you probally know the answer .go fishing and enjoy it . take the money you would spend on the ferry and stop at one of the local fish markets . you get to enjoy a day on the water fishing and go home with fish !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.