The Rip at Sandy Hook is RESTRICTED! AGAIN!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rip at Sandy Hook is RESTRICTED! AGAIN!!

Angry

FYI, fence or no fence, the tip of Sandy Hook (the famed Rip) is resticted again. I called he Coast Guard on 4/28/04 and they made it clear that if anyone walked passed the area where the fence was, they would be treated as trespassers.

I heard of one fisherman who was driven off the area in a Coast Guard vehicle.

Its time to ralley the troops again.

Craig Bahrs
    Preserve our fishery for our children, join the Recreational Fishing Alliance. <P>Member; Bayshore Saltwater Fly Rodders & RFA

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

WTF After all that work - this is FNBS!!

3D

I heard they are kicking boats off of the jetties In Cape May also...There must be some sort of crackdown.

Doesn't this strike any of you as being some more of that plastic and duct tape B.S.?

WTF are you going to blow up in Sandy Hook or Cape May anyway?

WTF is there to spy on?

Why aren't these tightasses finding that lost tanker truck instead of hassling AMERICANS and fishermen?

Go GEORGE W!!! A freer world coming soon...right?

"We got to fight terrrists, to save freedom.." Oh yeah, how about our freedom to wet a line in one of the best rips reachable from shore on the east coast? Terrrrer is a bad thing...

Angry

We need to push for the State to classify this area as parklands based on it's historic location. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Send those emails to our politicians.
    Outdoor Journalist, Fly Fisher and plain \'ole River Rat.

Apparently people were in an area they shouldn't have been in. The area is still open to angling, just don't abuse the right.

So are we as fisherman just supposed to assume where their imaginary line in the sand is? Better get the patty-wagon gased up, b/c come fall there are going to be alot of anglers pushing the boundaries. I know I will. Politicians should spend more time on airport security and less time worrying about what I am doing on the beach at 4:00AM with my potentially deadly 9wt. Amen Cowboy.

-Merlin

Leedz, I don't think fisherman were in the wrong area at the Hook. The Coasties told me no one can walk passed the area were the illegal fence was.

According to Coast Guard, when you walk out to the beach, via the fisherman's trail, you can only walk to the left/south.

Craig
    Preserve our fishery for our children, join the Recreational Fishing Alliance. <P>Member; Bayshore Saltwater Fly Rodders & RFA

Interesting. You hear a different story every time. I was afraid of this. A fence, a sign, or a line in the sand it is still disputed. It's still a long shot, but maybe one day it will be part of Twin Lights and owned by the state.

it just plain sucks donkey ballz - are they gonna keep boats away from the area as well like at the Naval pier???

Buddy at work fished Raritan Bay last week.

The yellow buoys marking the "restricted area" around the Nay's Earle Pier have been extended out another 1/2 mile, so now they are in-line with the ramp at Leonardo. The zodiac patrol boat has been very busy.

The B.S. under "Homeland Security" continues. You question it, your painted anti-american. As I said "beach access" is gonna be the number 1 issue this summer & fall.

Hope your dues are paid up to the NJBBA and RFA. They are gonna need your help in fighting for your rights as fisher"persons."
    Fishing the Beaches, Inlets and Bays of Cape May Co.
    "How'd all this sand get into my truck???

They taste like chicken! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Capt. Skip Jastremski
    (609)972-5218

Pro Staff Affiliations

AVET FISHING REELS

BASS KANDY DELIGHTS

STERLING TACKLE

BLUE FROG BUCKTAILS

PURE FISHING GUIDE
    PROGRAM

Join my page on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stalke...30356193695363

I'm sorry guys! I just ran into the same kind of crap at the Cape May CoastGuard Base and I have a Military ID that is supposed to allow me to fish on the jetties. They turned me away on Sunday. Ya know, it was a little windy but not too windy for surf fishing. The guy at the gate sent me to the security office where a toilet sitter came out and tells me to walk back to the gate again with him so he can call the OD who is in the bldg. where we were standing. Okay, so I walk back out to the gate and he calls on the phone to ask the OD if He was going to allow fishing on the jetty today (this happened yesterday). Here is how he asks the OD. "You ain't gonna open the jetty for fishing today are you? There are two guys here who want to fish" He hollars over to me. Nope, it isn't gonna be open. They are making me crazier. What up?

3D

Bunker,

Were you on the TRACEN side or the Loran side?

3D

Bunker Nevermind...

I have been in the same situation as you...What is most aggravating is that it's usually just a misunderstanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.