Neoprene Waders
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neoprene Waders

Question Neoprene Waders

Ive had a pair since 09.... they've been starting to leak in the crotch area (fantastic location) which then leaks down to my right foot...

Question is, is it worth repairing waders or just go get a new pair? I think i spent around 100 on them.
    Most People Just Don't Understand Why We Fish....

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I fixed mine with aqua seal but I been wanting to get some lighter ones myself lately.

Delaware county PA , Anglesea North Wildwood

Quote Originally Posted by JPDownie2000 View Post
    Ive had a pair since 09.... they've been starting to leak in the crotch area (fantastic location) which then leaks down to my right foot...

Question is, is it worth repairing waders or just go get a new pair? I think i spent around 100 on them.
    I had the same problem with my neoprenes and i used aqua seal and got a few more seasons out of them. Loaded it up and it held for a while. Its still holding but i dont use them anymore. i keep them as back up or for a freind to use. I bought the breathables a few years back and had a gash in them and i used aqua seal and its holdin up pretty well. The stuff is great!
    It is the world of nature herself, hiding her prizes from all those who lack the deep and painfully acquired skills, the commitment, the obsession to delve profoundly enough into her secrets to discover great fish. It is the world of the chosen few. "Night Tides".

aqua seal....ill check it out. Should get me through the spring at-least. thanks guys

you've been using them since '09 and are just getting a leak now?
    thats a pretty good track record for waders......i'd fix them

I developed a leak in the same area and used aqua seal which resolved the problem. I applied it to the inside seams.

think my neoprene are leaking also but somedays I come back dry and some days wet so not sure if it is sweat or not. How do you locate the leak. I heard use shower and also the flashlite. Tried the flashlite no lite was coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by pierce13 View Post
    think my neoprene are leaking also but somedays I come back dry and some days wet so not sure if it is sweat or not. How do you locate the leak. I heard use shower and also the flashlite. Tried the flashlite no lite was coming through.
    I Hung them up and filled them with water. found the leak right away
    It is the world of nature herself, hiding her prizes from all those who lack the deep and painfully acquired skills, the commitment, the obsession to delve profoundly enough into her secrets to discover great fish. It is the world of the chosen few. "Night Tides".

Before i started wearing all the layers underneath the waders i could feel water dripping in through the crotch on the right side.... figured after a while it was just making it down to the foot.

any kind of aqua seal? I googled it an saw a lot of different types.

Quote Originally Posted by JPDownie2000 View Post
    Before i started wearing all the layers underneath the waders i could feel water dripping in through the crotch on the right side.... figured after a while it was just making it down to the foot.

any kind of aqua seal? I googled it an saw a lot of different types.
    http://www.amazon.com/McNett-Aquasea.../dp/B001XUMBIA This is what i always use.

Kona sports in wildwood has it or any surf shop for that matter
    Bridges banks Beaches.
    WHEN YOUR GOING TO BED IM GOING TO SLAY
    Hi my names BK and im a slayaholic
    just slay it

Default Sealing Waders

I have had luck fixing a puncture hole but not so much at fixing seam leaks. I would suggest you just buy a new pair and be done with it.

If you felt it in the crotch and your whole leg is not wet before you get wet in the boot I would think you have two leaks. Served you well since 09? My guess more trouble is soon to appear. I would save some headaches and get a new pair.
    " The longer they're on, the bigger that hole is getting." The Legend

Its on eBay as well
    $6.99 (free shipping) - just search for aquaseal
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTLIFE View Post

Peace
    &
    Tight Lines

I had a mouse get into the crotch area on a pair of neoprenes...left a nice exit hole/tear about the size of a quarter. I did a belt and suspenders type of repair. I bought Seal Cement, a black contact cement for wet suits...closed the tear with this cement, let it cure a day or two, then applied Aquaseal over the repaired area both on the inside and out with cure days in between. Probably overkill but no trickles...if you can see a hole or a compromised seam that you can get into, maybe this will help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.