• 2 Post By Tidewalker
  • 3 Post By Fish-on
  • 1 Post By NotAtWork
  • 1 Post By JPDownie2000
  • 1 Post By NotAtWork
  • 1 Post By familyguy6007

Thread: Surf Thead.... boooooo

Default Surf Thead.... boooooo

Man, I used to like to see all the fish pics on this thread.
    It cant be that bad out there!

tight lines
    Most People Just Don't Understand Why We Fish....

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I concur........pix are always nice

for some reason I can not post pix here although I can on the other sites

It isn't bad out there at all. I too miss reading the reports.

I just dont see the need to advertise a bite to guys who fish one month of the year. Maybe I am greedy but I chase these fish all year and I aint gonna share with guys who dont put in time.

I happily share info when I am out and about with the regulars. I have sent a few on here some PMs because I know they put in the time too.

May is just a disgusting month to fish if you are really dedicated. Some of the BS out there I just bite my lip.

BS like guys leaving piles of junkfish on the beach... Hmm, they act like they are such great striper fisherman that they are above releasing those junkfish. Well if they were such great striper fisherman they wouldnt be catching all that junk.

Then theres the guys that leave their wawa coffee cups behind on the beach as if some merMAID is gonna come and clean up after them.

Then theres the guys that are literally wearing like $3000 dollars worth of crap because they fell for the fancy marketing, you know, fancy surf top, fancy 700 $ rod and reel. Plugs that cost the same as your grocery bill for a month. They look like a walking bilboard.

Then theres the guys that dont have a clue, they just drive around hitting all the spots till they see someone else fishing then they stop, get out and fish. Been on to their game and I always park a couple blocks from the beach this time of year.

Then theres the guys that cast over your line when you are hooked up because they want rights to your fish. Well my snippers come out faster than a colt in a clint eastwood movie.

Spring fishing is a mess. lol, rant over!
    wink182000 and NotAtWork like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

lol that s some funny and true chit there

What "other sites"? I cant find a place to post my reports and browse others from my region like I used to here. Place is dead and I know fish are being caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH BUCKET View Post
    I concur........pix are always nice

for some reason I can not post pix here although I can on the other sites
    Steve

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." ~Steven Wright

"Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish." ~Herbert Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Even Steven View Post
    What "other sites"? I cant find a place to post my reports and browse others from my region like I used to here. Place is dead and I know fish are being caught.
    You are correct that the surf fishing forum has dried up on fishing reports. Check out ...Sticky at the top of surf fishing forum,( spring 2017 surf reports) you'll find them helpful If your fishing Brigantine,LBI,AC etc. Most tackle shops have gone to facebook on reports.The good old days are just that. Shame...

Too much spot burning has upset a lot in the past! Time to change policy.....daughter and I went to the jetty in Brigantine Wednesday evening. About 2 hours before high tide blue 5-9 pounds invaded the inlet! White bucktails and rebels! "Daddy no more my arms hurt."
    rob, fdformicola and familyguy6007 like this.
    A WIFE AND A STEADY JOB HAS RUINED MANY A GOOD FISHERMEN.

Post a surf report on a fishing site What are you nuts! I won't even tell good friends where a good spot is. Nobody should be posting reports on the internet. We are here to help if you have technical questions but locations are out of question. IT IS MAY! There are striped bass in the rivers, bays, inlets, surf, and three mile line. Get out there and get after them but don't ask me to report anything... except spot burners
    familyguy6007 likes this.

I dont care about spots. I just liked to see the pictures of the fish that were caught.
    Ive been spending my time freshwater fishing, dont have the time i used to have to surf fish.

I am going out this week in hopes of getting a good enough pic for this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy6007 View Post
    i am going out this week in hopes of getting a good enough pic for this thread!
    that's what i'm talking about!!! Ha

Theres plenty of pics on my facebook . I'm currently not taking requests for lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAtWork View Post
    Theres plenty of pics on my facebook . I'm currently not taking requests for lurkers.

life of the party you are!

Sorry to let you down but only skates in Cape May fishing 6 hrs yesterday with bunker and clams.
    No pics
    Quote Originally Posted by JPDownie2000 View Post
    that's what i'm talking about!!! Ha
    JPDownie2000 likes this.

I have tons of pictures of bluefish. just will not post them on here. learned my lesson over the years, your holding it wrong, don't release it like that, its full of roe don't keep it, shouldn't do this, shouldn't do that. its just not worth it. I send them to my wife and daughter so they know im not sitting in a bar all day. things have changed over the years and its sad. I made some good friends on here and they are all gone from the site. if you want pictures text me and I will send them to you 973-886-7573. one im proud of is a fish with one of my homemade plugs in its mouth and a rod that I made.
    now quick report that everybody already knows. tons of bluefish IBSP incoming tide. bait swimmers and topwater. had the place to myself 2 weeks ago. this week hard to find a good spot. sorry I missed the range rover though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.