1999 200hp Evinrude Ficht Compression #'s

Thread: 1999 200hp Evinrude Ficht Compression #'s

Default 1999 200hp Evinrude Ficht Compression #'s

I did a cold compression test on a boat i looked at today.
    Motor: 1999 Evinrude Ficht 200Hp
    MOD: E200FPLEEN
    S/NG04696626

All plugs out, full throttle, motor cold:
    Cylinder: 1 - 95psi Cylinder: 2 - 95psi
    Cylinder: 3 - 90psi Cylinder: 4 - 100psi
    Cylinder: 5 - 90psi Cylinder: 6 - 100psi

Can anyone tell me what Evinrude claims are the acceptable range for this motor? Also, will the numbers read higher or lower when the motor is warm?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor

Thats right in the ball park with that engine. They will come up a little when warm. You are seeing what you need to see. They are all within 10% of each other. A good decarboning could even them right out.

Technically that engine has very little or no market value. I recommend you buy the boat like it has no engine.

If you post or email me what the boat is, year, model, trailer I can send you back a valuation so you can see where you are at on it.

Bluewater Marine Surveying

Proud Supporter Of The Bass Barn!

its shame, the rep these motors have. i personally dont know about the problems they have, but ill tell ya my buddy has one. he had the pc replaced, then the power head replaced. but they did get it right on the fuel economy, his boat barely sips the fuel. i actually almost boat that boat

If you are planning on purchasing any two cycle engine, have someone look at the cylinders with a bore scope. Just going by a compression guage reading can sometimes be misleading. On an engine that is just starting to show aluminum transfer on the cylinder walls or starting to melt at the top of the crown or ring gland edge, it usually won't be picked up in the early stages by a compression guage. This is one of those engines that you really need to make an extra effort of checking out.

1999 Triton Tr-20 - Great Condition - 15,000
    Evinrude 200 Ficht - Compression Numbers above
    Dual Finders wGPS, Trolling Motor, Single Axle Trailer, Cover

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk
    Thats right in the ball park with that engine. They will come up a little when warm. You are seeing what you need to see. They are all within 10% of each other. A good decarboning could even them right out.

Technically that engine has very little or no market value. I recommend you buy the boat like it has no engine.

If you post or email me what the boat is, year, model, trailer I can send you back a valuation so you can see where you are at on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerstlerSlim

Dave
    It's amazing the prices they get for Bass Boats but I'd run any from it at that price. Like Dunk said the motor has 0 value. It's not worth putting any money into if you do have a problem. So figure on spending 12-16K for a new motor in the next few years and is it a good deal then?
    For those who talk of freedom and rights remember those who make sure you have them.

Supporting Vendor

Dave

Nothing listed as a TR20

TRITON BOAT COMPANY 1999 18' 11" TRITON TR19 PD OP BASS OB 1999 18' 11" TRITON TR19 PDC OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON TR21 OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON TX21 OP BASS OB 1999 19' 7" TRITON 20 PD OP BASS OB 1999 18' TRITON 18 SE OP CTRCN OB 1999 19' 7" TRITON 20 PDC OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON TR21 DC OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON TR21 PD OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON TR21 PDC OP BASS OB 1999 20' 6" TRITON WALLEYE 205 OP FSH OB 1999 18' TRITON BAY FLIGHT 18 OP CTRCN OB 1999 20' TRITON BAY FLIGHT 20 OP CTRCN OB 1999 18' TRITON SEA FLIGHT 18 OP CTRCN OB 1999 20' TRITON SEA FLIGHT 20 OP CTRCN OB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer
    It's amazing the prices they get for Bass Boats but I'd run any from it at that price. Like Dunk said the motor has 0 value. It's not worth putting any money into if you do have a problem. So figure on spending 12-16K for a new motor in the next few years and is it a good deal then?
    Are you kidding? Mike, have you ever used ebay?

I can pick up a used 1999-2001 Optimax 225 for 4k all day. Used Ficht engines go from 2200-2800. If this engine blows up, i'll have an optimax on there within days (its my plan). I can get at least 1k for the bottom end alone.

Find me a Triton Tr-20 or 21 That HASNT been beat to crap in the 18000 range and i'll buy it tomorrow. I have looked all over the north east for the last couple of months for a "deal." Most of these tourney boats have been beat hard.

Dave

Dave
    Last edited by FerstlerSlim; 05-02-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk
    Nothing listed as a TR20
    Dunk, I believe it is a Triton TR-20 PDC. The boat labels for the PD and PDC just say "Tr-20." I'm pretty sure the PD is the single console and the PDC is the dual console.

Dave

Supporting Vendor

This is what Buc has in average condition. Unless that thing is in showroom condition 15K is way high on it. Better condition would add another 10-12% to hull value and Bristol would add 20-25% over average. I don't see it be worth anymore than 9K, 10K tops.

You got a better shot at the 99 Ficht running than a 99-01 Optimax. Although a good bit of the problems they had with those engines, both OMC and Merc was caused by not having the right oil for them. They didn't have synthetic blends back then. DFI crankcases don't have 10-20gals of cooling fuel blowing thru them. They run hotter and they were burning the straight dino oil in the crankcases causing carbon and coking problems.

First thing I would do with that Ficht is decarbon it heavily 3-4 times then I wouldn't burn anything in it except Bomb XD50, XD100 or Amsoil pure synthetic oil. The last two are expensive and the XD50 is made for DFI engines. Then it needs decarboned every 50hrs after that.

Prepared By: Bob Dunkelberger on May 04, 2008

TRITON BOAT COMPANY, ASHLAND CITY, TN, Model Year 1999 Hull Material Fiberglass Model TRITON TR20 PD Hull Configuration Semi Vee (Modified Vee) Length Overall 19' 7" Draft Length On Deck Beam 7' 7" Boat Type Bass | Open Weight 1440 lbs. Engine Type 1 Evinrude E200FPLEE FICHT
    200hp Engine Ballast
    The information presented here is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. For various reasons, including the subjective nature of vessel evaluations and the possibility of incomplete or inaccurate information regarding comparable vessels and sales thereof, we do not make any warranties whatsoever regarding this report, and WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUC does not provide expert witness testimony.
    Current Retail Value Range $6,550-$7,400
    94th edition.Fair Retail Value Adjusted for BUC Condition in the Northeast & Mid Atlantic area $6,550-$7,400 1 Evinrude E200FPLEE FICHT
    200hp Engine $4,639 Trailer Value $905 Total Adjusted Market Value Range $12,094-$12,944 Replacement Value $13,900 (does not include outboard or trailer)

All prices in US Dollars.

I obviously cant argue with a blue book value. But can you show me a comparable boat that is in that price range in the North east?

Dave

My buddy just sold his mint, and I mean mint 21 ft. ranger commanche. It was loaded and spotless with a 225 Mariner EFI for $14,000. It was as clean as a new boat, he wiped the boat and trailer down dry every time it came out of the water. There are good deals around if you look, don't ever fall in love with a boat that is for sale.

Fun, Fast and Furious Fishing off NC.
    Specializing in Vertical Jigging and deep water Bottom Fishing.
    Multiple Species custom trolling and Jigging trips are our favorite, so contact us for the trip of a lifetime !

Captain John Cawthern
    Beaufort, North Carolina
    www.procastinatorsportfishing.com

email at
    procastinatorsportfishing@gmail.com

Call Today !!!
    (252)838-1228 or (570)916-1048

Quote Originally Posted by procastinator
    My buddy just sold his mint, and I mean mint 21 ft. ranger commanche. It was loaded and spotless with a 225 Mariner EFI for $14,000. It was as clean as a new boat, he wiped the boat and trailer down dry every time it came out of the water. There are good deals around if you look, don't ever fall in love with a boat that is for sale.
    Where did he list it for sale?

Dave

Are you kidding? Mike, have you ever used ebay?

I can pick up a used 1999-2001 Optimax 225 for 4k all day. Used Ficht engines go from 2200-2800. If this engine blows up, i'll have an optimax on there within days (its my plan). I can get at least 1k for the bottom end alone.

Find me a Triton Tr-20 or 21 That HASNT been beat to crap in the 18000 range and i'll buy it tomorrow. I have looked all over the north east for the last couple of months for a "deal." Most of these tourney boats have been beat hard.

Dave

Dave
    Well you're buying back into another problem then.
    For those who talk of freedom and rights remember those who make sure you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer
    Well you're buying back into another problem then.
    Thats why i'm buying a boat with a blue book value of 15k for 15k, with a infamous motor. Its basic supply and demand at this point and not much you can do about it, other then wait out the market.

As for the Optimax being a problem, I belive its inarguable to say they had their share of problems, but i dont think the problems are as numerous as the Ficht problems. But that is just what i have read on the internet.

Mike, you seem to have some very opinionated responses. Where do you get your information from, i would like to study some of the numbers you have seen about Ficht problems and Optimax problems and make my own deductions.

Thanks,

Dave