Anyone in Mystic Island?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Mystic Island?

Default Anyone in Mystic Island?

I'm working and can't get down.
    I was hoping someone might be able to let me know how it looks along the lagoons.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

There are a bunch of guys in that area on here. I am sure one of them will chime in. Across the street at the State Marina it is about a foot or so higher then normal.
    Dan

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14
    Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Heroes on the Water NJ Volunteer and Guide
    ALS Fish Tagger

Forked River Tuna Club
    Fleet Captain

Joey Zac

The lagoons are HIGH and the tide is going out now. Do you need a boat checked on? Email me your address.

Default Mystic

Thanks Joey Zac.
    I was more concerned w/ water levels than anything else.
    Thanks again for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyZac View Post
    The lagoons are HIGH and the tide is going out now. Do you need a boat checked on? Email me your address.
    Now that's a good American. Atta boy Joey Zak
    John Yank

Tide is just about at full high and it is not in the yard....just came in this morning..it has already turned at the atlantic city tide station at trumps marina and topped out at 6.78'....it is already down to 6.48'.....here is the link to the tide gauges...

http://storms.nos.noaa.gov/
    Chris Miller
    1990 Grady 23 Gulfstream "CTALES V"
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970)

Well, the offer goes for any Barner. Any time you're concerned about a boat or docks, feel free to email me using the Barn email. I check my email often. If i'm in Mystic, I'll happily take a quick drive to check your docks/boat. It's a small town.

Current report from Mystic....tide is receeding. It came up a few inches higher than yesterday morning and covered half of my daick and was maybe 4 feet into the yard...my house is 40 feet from the bulkhead, tide this morning was higher than last night oddly enough. Tide heights at the AC tide station peaked around 7.5 feet and they have lowered the predicted peak from8.0 to 7.5, which is good news for us low landers.....
    Chris Miller

Default Anyone with an update on Mystic Island

Thanks

Potomac

Just took a ride down your street. Wasn't even gone 2 minutes. There's a little bit of water in front of house #34, and few big puddles in the culdesac, but no real flooding that I could see. Not HIGH tide yet, but it's close enough that I don't think it is a problem on your street.

High tide and come and gone. It was still high, but not as high as yesterday morning. Water came just into the yard, but about 4' from where we marked it yesterday. I was really worried about the "7 high tides" for this event as it is usually 5 that does us in...I lived through the December 11, 1992 flood as it was 5 days after I closed on my house and I was fortuante to not be living here full time then...now it would be devestating. My wife says that we could use new rugs...but she has no clue what the water does to the inside of the house...I dont want to go through that again..glad that it was not as bad as it could have been.
    Chris Miller

Where I'm at in Mystic, even in the 92 storm, the water only made it half way up the yard. I can't tell you how many houses we looked at when house hunting in this area that when you opened a closet door you saw a nice water line. I always asked the Realtor, did it or does it flood here on a storm tide/full moon? Went through many a Realtor til I found an honest one, thankfully.
    Capt.Matt. USCG Licensed Maritime Skiff 20\' Pioneer Pilot House
    83 Wenzel 14' 79 15hp & 72 25hp Johnson 50th Anniversary Edition
    Spectrum 14' tin w/86 25hp Rude
    and too many outboards

Matt,

Like they say in real estate, location, location, location..I have pictures of the house across the lagoon high and dry on a little "island" while the water was knee deep in my house on December 11, 1992..5 days after I made settlement...The water mark in the closet is a good one..had not heard that before...I asked the sellers if the water had been in my house..they did not know that I grew up down the street and knew better...they told me no, but the house had a new furnace and hot water heater..I think results of the haloween storm in 1991.
    Chris Miller

Whenever buying an existing older house on the water,especially on a slab,like in mystic,check the BFE,or flood elevation,as many are well below what todays standard is(most zones 8-0)....I think,not sure ,that the 92 storm was well over 9ft,above MLLW(low water),and many flooded in this area.....
    Any Real Estate agent selling a house can get this info from seller,as all owners must have flood cert,to verify the base flood elevation,and you will be able to tell where the flood was in relation to 92.....
    27 Worldcat
    "Killin Time"

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.