Opinions - carolina skiff jvx 18 cc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions - carolina skiff jvx 18 cc

Default Opinions - carolina skiff jvx 18 cc

Has anyone fished the back bays and inside inlets on a carolina skiff jvx 18 cc. I'm looking for any opinions.
    "It's nights like this that make you happy that your a surfcaster, for as the rest of the world sleeps, God has given you a front-row seat to the best show on earth." - Leo N. Orsi Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

You might want to try your question at
    http://carolinaskiffowner.com/index.php
    Last edited by In Depth; 02-16-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Mar-Vic Too
    Personal Best 49" - 45#
    Captainbob - USCG OUPV

I have a 178 DLV. I leave it in a slip all summer. Its great for the skinny water and for when you just want to make a quick run out to grab some flatties for dinner.

i have a 16j and i take that thing everywhere... park it on brig cove all the time... go all over the great bay... absecon inlet... never had anyproblems... i would imagine your will be even better...

rob

Nice looking skiff.

I picked up a 1655 DLX though (on order), a little bit higher gunnel, and more suited for my needs.... though the JVX looks great as well.
    "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power." -- Ben Franklin

------------

Rob

was lookin into gettin a j16 when i get some loot this summer. the JV model is significantly more money so i was over that, and it actually has a slightly narrower beam compared to the flat bottom version.

Capt. Brian Williams
    www.chazmancharters.com
    www.facebook.com/chazmancharters
    bwilliams@chazmancharters.com

Ocean City & Barnegat, NJ
    Backbay, Inshore and Offshore Charters
    Now booking for spring/summer 2014!

32ft Chazman - Offshore Canyon and Trophy Striped Bass trips
    19ft Badfish - Backbay Ocean City light tackle trips.

I have the Standard 16 tiler which I don't see them making anymore? Has a flatter bottom then the JVC. I also have a 212 CC Hydrasport and between the months of June and August I am in my skiff 5-1 over the Hydrasport. Gets me in and out of skinny water, great for crabbing, clamming and fluken in the little cuts where nobody else seems to want to go. Great choice. Good luck!

greggy you need a captain?? you know my resume from last summer
    TEAM REEL DEAL

Its not a passion, its an obsession

It's not dedication, just insanity

had one when i was younger (geez that sounds old im 35 now) LOL.

Had it in great bay..think it was a 19'. no better boat than a skiff in that shallow water.

one of the better values out there in my opnion.

Nick

Thanks for the input guys. There are several things I think like about the JVX - a little bit of a V with tunnels should help a little with the chop, casting decks in front and rear, and most of all; pre-wired for a trolling motor.
    "It's nights like this that make you happy that your a surfcaster, for as the rest of the world sleeps, God has given you a front-row seat to the best show on earth." - Leo N. Orsi Jr.

I have a J16 tiller and like everyone else said, love it's ability to get into low water. Great for crabbing and getting into the creeks. The only downside for me with the J16 is that it is a really wet ride and the gunnels are a bit low for having little kids on the boat.

Default skiff

The carolina skiff is so versitile. Ive had mine now for about 5 years, we repowered with a 70hp suzuki fourstroke.

Mine is 19ft, but its like an older 80's model. Ive caught a lot of different species of fish in it, from flounder,seabass, triggers, stripers in the dbay, drum in the dbay. Ive also had a thresher on, and landed a mahi last year at the south shoal.

The boat draws less then 6inches on plane. Pm me if you have any questions about the skiff in general.

I have a J16 style Sundance skiff center console with a 30HP, year 2000 that I'll be selling because I really don't use it very often. Look for it when it starts to warm up some and I can get it ready to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
    was lookin into gettin a j16 when i get some loot this summer. the JV model is significantly more money so i was over that, and it actually has a slightly narrower beam compared to the flat bottom version.
    That's why I was looking at the JVX - more beam and I like the fact it is pre-wired for the trolling motor on the front casting deck.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoscores View Post
    that's why i was looking at the jvx - more beam and i like the fact it is pre-wired for the trolling motor on the front casting deck.
    i just ordered a 17 dlv cs..just sticking to the back bay.maybe just out front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast