Waypoints from CF card to Raymarine A65

Thread: Waypoints from CF card to Raymarine A65

Question Waypoints from CF card to Raymarine A65

I picked up an A65. I'm a Computer guy...I'm struggling to get my waypoints on this thing. I got all the waypoints from my Garmin Blue Chart software into the raymarine raytech navigator software. Then I exported the waypoints to a compact flash card (three different ways). When the card goes in the A65 it beeps. But no waypoints show up in the list. One other interesting thing is if I try to save a waypoint from the GPS to the card it says can not recognize card.... WHAT?

I sent an email to raymarine...it's been a few hours. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there that already tackled this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

The memory on the card may be to big.

Question
    What do I need with regard to a memory card and memory card writer to update the software in my C-Series Classic, E-Series Classic, A60 or A65 display?

Answer
    To perform the software upgrade of a C-Series Classic, E-Series Classic, A60, or A65 display, you will need a CompactFlash® (CF) memory card and a CompactFlash memory card read/write device, a computer (or access to a computer), and Internet access for the computer. Raymarine recommends use of SanDisk brand CF memory cards having a capacity of between 32MB and 256MB with these displays. Low memory capacity SanDisk brand CF memory cards are now relatively challenging to purchase through local merchants. However, these CF memory cards may readily be purchased from Internet merchants. US Customers may also contact Raymarine's Parts Line (603.881.5200 x8865) to purchase a CF memory card for use with these displays. Should the CF memory card be purchased for use in updating the display's software, one should notify the Customer Order Services representative that the CF memory card should be populated with the latest software for one's product.

Raymarine recommends that CF memory cards be checked using Raymarine's Compact Flash Compatibility Tool which may be downloaded from the hyperlink found in FAQ 1120 - Formatting CF Cards for use with A60/A65, C-Series Classic, or E-Series Classic displays. Any CF memory card, regardless of manufacturer or memory capacity, should be checked with this tool. Raymarine has recently identified that its Compact Flash Compatibility Tool may return a false indication of compatibility when used in conjunction with CF memory cards having a memory capacity greater than 1GB. As such, Raymarine recommends use of SanDisk brand CF memory cards having a capacity of between 32MB and 256MB with these displays.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that when i begun this quest. I found an old Sandisk card at work. it is 96MB....I have the compatibility software now. Unfortuanately, my reader was at work. It will all end up on the boat this evening. Keeping my fingers crossed. Adding 200+ waypoints will probably wear out all the buttons!

I got the navionics card reader. If your using a navionics chart don't use another card reader they won't replace the chart if you erase it. Just a heads up I got a good scare before I read all the instructions.

ok well I got it working. Few things in case someone else runs into this. If you get the waypoints into the raymarine navigation software (also called trip planner) You are halfway there. Use a Snadisk card preferably small I used a 96MB and a Sandisk card reader. Compact flash cards are getting out dated btw, anyway, next download and install the compatability check software for CF cards. Now, here you have to use an XP machine....Vista will not work. Run the software check the card and it will change the bits on the card to compatible. Export the waypoints from the trip planner and slip the card in the GPS. Copy the waypoints from the card to the GPS and put your chart card back in...DONE!