Broke my Ugly Stik looking at "replacement rods" for the time of being

Thread: Broke my Ugly Stik looking at "replacement rods" for the time of being

Default Broke my Ugly Stik looking at "replacement rods" for the time of being

Hey guys I recently just broke my ugly stik which was 5 ft 6 for trout fishing it got caught in the door and bent in half. With fall stocking coming up I am looking at cheap replacement rod for the time of being. I was thinking about getting a shakespeare durango rod. Has anyone ever used these rods before for trout fishing and how are they? I only have twenty dollar budget and I am mostly likely getting a falcon rod for Christmas. that is why I am going cheap. Thanks
    ďIn every species of fish Iíve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didnít, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.Ē Ray Bergman

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Send it back to ugly stick. They have very good customer service department. I had a 2 piece ugly stick a number of years back and actually casted the top part of rod into the water on a cast. Got hung up on the bottom and broke off. They sent me a whole new rod for free

Steve
    1989 Mako 250 with twin yamaha 150 hpdi
    1971 Mako 17 with mercury 125 (sold but missing her already)
    Docked in Cape May Marina

Quote Originally Posted by yabbydoo View Post
    Hey guys I recently just broke my ugly stik which was 5 ft 6 for trout fishing it got caught in the door and bent in half. With fall stocking coming up I am looking at cheap replacement rod for the time of being. I was thinking about getting a shakespeare durango rod. Has anyone ever used these rods before for trout fishing and how are they? I only have twenty dollar budget and I am mostly likely getting a falcon rod for Christmas. that is why I am going cheap. Thanks
    I would just get another ugly stik. That size is around $30. That way if you break your good one ever again you have a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Skmag357 View Post
    Send it back to ugly stick. They have very good customer service department. I had a 2 piece ugly stick a number of years back and actually casted the top part of rod into the water on a cast. Got hung up on the bottom and broke off. They sent me a whole new rod for free
    They did away with the lifetime warranty. Now they want a receipt and it can't be more than 7 years old.

Thanks for the info guys! I ended up getting a 5 foot 6 shakespeare micro graphite rod from walmart for the time of being for fall stocking of trout. I put my old ugly stik reel on it for the time of being because the reel is ok. I prefer to use light action rods for trout fishing. The rod seems nice until I get the necessary funds to buy another ugly stik. Thank you for bringing up the lifetime warranty being rid of. I wasn't sure of the current warranty and the thing is I got the ugly stik as a christmas present does that mean its basically trash now since I don't have the receipt?
    ďIn every species of fish Iíve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didnít, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.Ē Ray Bergman

I have a cat and tie some kitchen string on it and put a little doo dad on the end. The cat loves it and gets a hell of workout. But yes it is junk. You can also take the guides off and save em. The tip comes off if you heat it up with a lighter.

Also, check out the Tacony-Palmyra flea market. The season's leftover stock from Wally world could be had there for under 10, including some Ugly Stiks.

p.s. That place is a true free market economy at work LOL.