BASS BARN banner

truck tonneau covers?

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Rageboat 
#1 ·
Just bought me a real clean low mileage 2014 GMC Sierra pickup truck and want to get a tonneau cover installed. Any recommendations on type and brand?

#5 ·
Having had a fabric cover on my dodge dakota which I hated with a passion I suggest you look at a hard cover or a tracked fabric cover.

The fabric cover with snaps was a real PITA in cold weather.It was almost impossible to get all the snaps in place because of lack of flexibility in cold weather.

I'm now a confirmed cap guy and wouldn't buy anything but a Lear cap.

#6 · (Edited)
I have the same truck and same year. I went with the gmc brand trifold from the dealer. I think it was $600. Works great. Put it on or take it off in 3 mins. Let me see if I can find some pics of it on the truck
[

#7 ·
Check out auto everthing. I put an Extang soft rollup on my new F 150 4x4. Looks good and it's a low profile. Many models and companies to choose from. I had used Access Cover on my previous 2 trucks which lasted for years and still looked good. Most of them are very easy to install.

#13 ·
Trifold is the way to go. Install and remove in less than a minute if you ever need to use the bed for real. If you go with a soft one get the canvas instead of the vinyl. The one I have looks new 4 years, 2 trucks, and 160k miles later. Extang and advantage have them (maybe others) and is like a $30 upgrade. Everyone with vinyl who sees it says they wish they got it.

#17 ·
I bought this Tonno Pro for my older Tundra and am very happy with it for the price. The top is vinyl, but it covers three aluminum panels. The thinking is that it won't show dents and provides security. It's very easy to install and remove. The only negative is that the latches have some plastic parts, but so far hasn't been a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARD-Fold-T...ash=item21130ec840:g:HWMAAOSwImRYWp-q&vxp=mtr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.