View Full Version : Port Deposit
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi guys, My brothernlaw invited me to go striper fishing Saterday night in the catch and release area. Someone has since told me you have to stop at 8:30 pm. Is this true ? We havn't been down there before, and we havn't found anything in the book about stopping at 8:30 pm. Thanks for any info you could give us.:)
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
there's no stop time but be very careful ou there at night it isn'e an easy place.
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the info:)
04-03-2009, 12:26 AM
This is from the DNR site:
IN TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS UNLAWFUL:
1. to have in one's possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland any striped bass CUT UP or FILLET during the open or closed season for striped bass. Striped bass must be landed whole.
2. to have in one's possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland more than fifteen (15) pounds of any fish CUT UP upon which a size or weight limit is prescribed by law or regulations.
3. to have in one's possession American or hickory shad.
4. to use more than two (2) hooks or two (2) sets of hooks for each rod or line. Artificial lures or plugs with multiple hooks are considered one (1) set of hooks.
5. for a person to use eel as bait except during the recreational summer striped bass season.
6. to cull striped bass during open seasons.
7. during striped bass season to fillet a striped bass. Striped bass must be landed whole.
8. to fish for striped bass by any means or practice catch-and-release of striped bass in spawning rivers from March 1 through May 31.
This may be what they the person who told you that was refering to;
Spring Trophy Season
Apr 18, 2009 - May 15, 2009
Captain/mate not eligible
May not possess striped bass while fishing
between 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m.
May 16, 2009 - Dec. 15, 2009
2 @ 18"- 28" OR
1 @ 18" - 28" and 1 larger than 28"/person/day.
May not possess striped bass while fishing between 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m.
04-03-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure where you are from but that area is like driving into WVA, or worse....if you leave your car just hope you have a windsheild when you get back.
04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the info !! :) It's a real help. We are from Lancaster Co. Pa. Thanks for the heads up on the area.
04-04-2009, 12:21 PM
never had any problems at port deposit,is this where you are talking about,usually see dnr agent there
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree with Elrod. I have never had a problem in that area.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.