boat access to Mullica River
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat access to Mullica River

Default boat access to Mullica River

Is there a good spot to put a small boat into the Mullica to fish? Are there ramps anywhere? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Crowlys landing has a public ramp
    Pat G

Thanks. Where is Crowlys landing?

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Check the link its on 542 comming from Willingboro your best bet is 206 south

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.a...gsec=26&zoom=8
    Pat G

Pat, Thanks so much. I may take a "scouting trip" and check that out. Any info about after I am on the water? Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rancocasrich View Post
    Pat, Thanks so much. I may take a "scouting trip" and check that out. Any info about after I am on the water? Rich

Yes the channel is skinny & bends alot, don't know how the markers will be in the spring. Your best bet is to follow others or bring somebody who knows the way. Mullica Bob probably will have better info on the marker situation. A few times under your belt you'll be fine.

Banned

How small of a boat? The ramp at Crowleys is a certifiable disaster at low tides. The river is tricky for newbies as well at low tides. I was out last week and there are some markers still up and some are gone or broke off, they will put in some new one's eventually but I'm not sure when.

Go slow regardless. Or come from down river via Chestnut Neck and work your way up. Cavaliers has a ramp but I'm not sure about operating hours and it was a mud flat for a loooong way out to the channel when I last used it years ago.

I have a 14' Lund (aluminum) w/9.9 motor. I don't need much water but it sounds like the going is tricky. Any suggestions on fishing methods? anchor and use bait? drift and cast? lure/plug suggestions? appreciate any help

Yes everything you said, it all works!!! You can anchor & use fishfinder rigs with fresh herring chunks, use live herring on a float, troll live herring, throw or troll 5"-7" plugs, swimbaits, big 9" slugos, & big rattle traps. You'll be fine in a 14' lund just be sure to have a depth finder & take your time, good thing about that rig is if you do run aground will be easy to get out.

Banned

You should be able to find most of the stumps very well with a 14' and 9.9 combo.

Just kiddin', you'll be in better shape than most with your boat.

Creek Duck is crazy though, all those things he mentioned aren't worth a crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mullica Bob View Post
    You should be able to find most of the stumps very well with a 14' and 9.9 combo.

Just kiddin', you'll be in better shape than most with your boat.

Creek Duck is crazy though, all those things he mentioned aren't worth a crap!!
    Bob he still has to learn on his own where to use what on which tide I ain't giving that up !!! I'm trying to get my new river rig now, can you say GAMBLER baby!!! I got my fingers crossed I might owe the old lady about 1001 massage's if I get it. Hopefully i'll see ya in the spring with a new toy, just look for the 200ft rooster tail

Banned

I'll be in the water full time by the end of March. I like to stay "mobile" till then. I'll be on the lookout for ya.

I used to fish out of crowlys alot before sweetwater burned , nothing like somewhere to dock up and cold beer seen 8 ft sand sharks once further down by the bridge it was pretty wild (12ft 78 starcraft twin screws)

[quote=NORMAN85;1811456]I used to fish out of crowlys alot before sweetwater burned , nothing like somewhere to dock up and cold beer seen 8 ft sand sharks once further down by the bridge it was pretty wild (12ft 78 starcraft twin screws)[/quote

8 ft sandsharks !!! How many of them cold ones did you have!!!

Mabey too many. That would almost be as absurd as a whale in the Delaware river.Mabey that never happened either . How many beers do you think CNN had that day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in