BASS BARN banner

Places to fish around Bensalem

23K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  Seaque' Check 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Finally done my summer class and am now looking forward to fishing for the rest of the summer. I am getting kind of bored going to the same areas to fish, like Neshminy Creek in Tyler State Park, Core Creek or the Delaware River. Are there any other good places to fish at near Bensalem? Not looking for particular spots but just wondering new places to try. Any replies would be great.

#39 ·
Cool. I just looked it up, they're set to stock Falls with channel cats, walleye and tiger muskies this year (I guess they do each year). Smallest walleye we catch are usually a good 10 inches, and I have gotten a few 6" catfish.

I don't see too many people targeting the walleye, but even so, they don't seem to get too big in the lake. Biggest I've seen is only about 20" out of probably 300 caught over the last year. A lot of 13-14" fish.

Shamoo - cool pic, I'd love to get into the walleye on a plug. So far I've only picked up bass on plugs. I'm fishing an ultralight with 4lb test for the walleyes, I'd never be able to land a muskie.

#40 ·
I have actually seen a few people in boats and kayaks the last couple of times I have been there. Also hear people walking the lake talking to people trolling in their boats for walleye too. I see the occasional walleye being taken but none with great size. Was there again tonight, only caught two LMB but missed a couple as well.

#46 ·
Got to falls today for a little fishing since I was off. Ended the day with 3 LMB (missed two) and caught what looked like a baby musky not even a foot off shore. Posting the pictures below. Hope to be back again some time this week even though it's going to be pretty crappy out. Also saw about a 24 inch walleye floating at the top of the water but still alive. Tried reviving him a bit and once I came back around the lake he was gone. (either it helped or he was a musky food)

#48 ·
Got to falls today for a little fishing since I was off. Ended the day with 3 LMB (missed two) and caught what looked like a baby musky not even a foot off shore. Posting the pictures below. Hope to be back again some time this week even though it's going to be pretty crappy out. Also saw about a 24 inch walleye floating at the top of the water but still alive. Tried reviving him a bit and once I came back around the lake he was gone. (either it helped or he was a musky food)
Yep thats a nice little tiger musky :thumbsup: whatcha get him on??

#54 ·
Yeah, that's a nice one. How do you and your brother target the walleye from shore? Have caught a ton, but all out of a boat, haven't really fished off land more than once or twice so far. We jig them up out in the boat, or sometimes small plugs run near the bottom.

I tried bouncing a jig from the bank last Sunday for a little bit after the bass seemed to turn off, but didn't have a single hit. Might have been too sunny for mr. walleye.

#56 ·
I can't speak for the tiger muskies because I don't know anything about them, but the walleyes are fine in this water temperature. Surface temps on the lake are only in the mid to upper 60's and temps should decrease with depth. Walleye seem to feed heaviest around the 70F mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.