BASS BARN banner

Places to fish around Bensalem

23K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  Seaque' Check 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Finally done my summer class and am now looking forward to fishing for the rest of the summer. I am getting kind of bored going to the same areas to fish, like Neshminy Creek in Tyler State Park, Core Creek or the Delaware River. Are there any other good places to fish at near Bensalem? Not looking for particular spots but just wondering new places to try. Any replies would be great.

#2 ·
I have all my spots in lower Bucks county pegged on Google earth. I fish the neshaminy all the way up from croydon where I live that is where it empties into the delaware to Tyler state park. The lower reaches around croydon, bensalem, newportville and hulmeville I fish most In the croydon and bensalem area the creek contains Nice channel and white cats, white perch, resident stripers and some smallmouth believe it or not . The creek starts to change in the newportville area It contains the cats, white perch, more smallmouth a few largemouth, some straggler stripers and some carp sunfish and golfish. In hulmeville it really changes harboring Huge sunnies some rockbass and some decnt smallmouths occasionally some catfish and eels which the whole creek is full of. I fish this streach alot and a day of jumbo sunfish is not uncommon. The next area I would check out is Levittown. There is the Falls township park lake which is full of sunnies Big largemouth all I csan say is try near the feneced off island for them you'll see what I mean. There is white and yellow perch Musky catfish carp goldfish eels, and lots of crappies try shiners for them. There is lake Levittown which I don't like never caught much there but there is a few big trout in there. There are tons of private Quarry lakethat I risk sneaking into cause the rewards are great with 2,3,4 pound bass not uncommon actually some of the lakes you can catch 10-15 that size in a few hours on plastic worms. In the bristol area I would try The lake near walmart on route 13 big bass crappie catfish and carp are the story there. try shallow running cranks Then hit silver lake in the pads with soft plastics some 5+ bass in there along with cats carp and pickerel. try Bristol canal lagoon if you want carp seen some pushing 25 come out of there with corn and hit lake magnolia farther up the road for some decent bass carp and cats. Crappie and bullheads are the predominant species in here try some shiners I have gotten some huge bss too. continued on next post

#3 ·
Also try the lake behind the nirvanna fitness center on 413. That is loaded with perch and jumbo bluegill but big carp and some small bass are there too The delware canal anywhere along it's banks has good panfishing just follow route 13 try near haines rd and edgely road. Lake caroline in Fairless hills along the levittown parkway always did me good with carp bullheads sunnies and a few bass I have caught all kinds of fish out of there I mean alot but recently a fish kill wiped alot out last week and I don't know whats left. There are many other retention ponds that I am reluctant to talk about so look on google earth and fish any pond or water you can get to:thumbsup:Good luck

#15 ·
He's talking about Falls Township Park - it's right off of Route 13 (you can see the soccer fields from the road). There actually isn't a fenced off island, it's just a point that goes out into the lake. A big power line crosses over the lake, and the fenced off area is around one of the towers that's out on that point. It's an old quarry, about 35' deep in the deepest spots. Not much underwater structure, but good #'s of fish. In addition to the fish he listed, it also has walleyes. Still haven't found a musky, but I know they're in there.

#19 ·
I mostly fish for walleye, but I've caught some decent smallmouth and largemouth in the process. I see lots of guys targeting bass there, and I've heard there are some nice ones. I've just never targeted them myself.

If you go there in the AM right at dawn there sure are a lot of big splashes. I think some of the splashes are shad or carp, but I would think they have to be some bass too.

You can walk around the entire lake minus the one little section that is fenced off near the high voltage tower. In some spots the water drops off to over 20' deep just a few feet off the bank.

Almost no big structure under the water for most of the lake, but there seems to be a healty population of panfish which should make some nice meals for the bass.

#24 ·
Fish falls township alot...There are some decent sized bass in there..Caught a good amount in the last few weeks you just have to put some time in like every other place..Caught a huge crappie today along with 5 nice bass..Thinking about trying for some carp because there are a ton of huge ones in there but never targeted them..

#25 ·
There are some nice bass in there, caught a few nice one here is a pretty decent one I caught the other day on a zoom frog. Saw some really nice size pike in there hiding in the weeds as well. Went there tonight with my brother to find a lot of white pollen on the lake making it very difficult to reel in without it getting stuck on the line. The big splashes are carp jumping out of the water.

#34 ·
You ever hook one of the muskies? I haven't seen one yet but saw a photo of a real nice one caught there. Wonder when the last time they stocked was. I heard the walleyes went in as fingerlings but we catch them all sizes so they either stocked several years in a row or they are breeding

#32 ·
I knew you would chime in with some valuable info stripe! Thank you! I knew they werent pickerel we were seeing haha it was driving me crazy..especially with the shad! Will most likely be there again tomorrow as long as the crap from the trees isnt covering the lake again..It looked like it was snowing there today...

#37 ·
No problem :thumbsup: good luck, and just put in your time its a good lake with a great variety of species, but some days you could walk around the whole dam thing and wont get anything so try not to get frustrated.

You ever hook one of the muskies? I haven't seen one yet but saw a photo of a real nice one caught there. Wonder when the last time they stocked was. I heard the walleyes went in as fingerlings but we catch them all sizes so they either stocked several years in a row or they are breeding
Never caught one myself, in fact i never seen one caught, but ik at the right times they come in the shallow coves and you can seee a bunch of them sitting right under the surface and there big !! and not sure about the sgtocking, but I think they may still put walleye in it occassionaly but it wouldnt suprise me if they were breeding.

:thumbsup:

huge help man...im off tomm and looking for a new spot after i grab a few crank baits...def checking out falls township park. sounds like a good spot...so tired of my normal spots...especially the creek...fulton ave used to be a great place to fish for smallies...over run by tacky fake posted signs and drunks claiming it all the time...thanks again
You got it man :thumbsup:and i know what you mean, I got a few spots where the homeless and drunks hang out, they bother me soo much sometimes that i try to avoid those spots, but theres plenty of decent spots out there, were pretty surrounded by water good luck out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.