BASS BARN banner

Lake Audrey

16K views 115 replies 26 participants last post by  amesl 
#1 ·
Went on a road trip today to see if we could find this lake, found it, had to hike back to see it, no ramp or access roads yet, Gin clear water, only SMB's, it looks really sweet and the best thing is its going to be a catch and release lake till 2012 than it will be reaccessed,:thumbsup:

#6 ·
I go to this lake probably once every couple of weeks just to drool and tease myself about when it opens. Late september my wife and I were there walking the bank with our dog and there was a lot of smallies up shallow chasing baitfish. I have spoken to a few guys that got the chance to do research with one of the biologists in charge of the place and the word is that the smallmouth population is HEALTHY. I also spoke to a guy who said he didn't know it was closed and that he had fished it and that it the fish were extremely aggressive, fought hard and were pretty nice sized. All I know is, it's supposed to be open january 1st, 2010 and unless it's frozen, I want to be on the water that day.

#7 ·
Lets hope everything is set up by that time, they still have alot and I mean alot of work to do. We tried to find it on our own, you know male pride, but had to flag down a stranger on the road whom sent us to the Fish and Wildlife office and we got directions from them.

Glad to hear you and the Mrs. saw some SMB action, so your friend didnt know the lake was off limits, umm, I would have thunk the debree blocking the entrances and the posted These waters are closed till further notice signs would have thrown up a red flag,:eek: I;m just sayen, LMAO, (just busten um kuz).

I cant wait myself, I'm really glad they made it C & R.:thumbsup:

#11 ·
I wish this Lake Audrey had eyes and pike along with the smb! I can't wait til opens too. I've heard nothing but good things about the place from some bass club guys that've worked with puttin in structure to the lake.

#12 ·
Actually guys, it wasn't a friend, it was an older gentleman who lives down that way, and I ran into him at a boat ramp last summer and through talking about bass fishing we got talking about this lake. From what I gathered, he really truly didn't know the lake was off limits and I believe when he fished it, it was before the state put out that notice. Again, it was the summer of 2008 when I spoke to him. Also, you can get to it from Buckshutem Road behind the Auto Shop, and there were no signs behind the shop until about 3 weeks ago.

#33 ·
It's a gorgeous lake, it used to be an old sand mining pit. A buddy of mine used to actually work there YEARS ago and said there were tons of fish in that place and then all of a sudden the PH got out of wack for some reason or another. He told me that they never actually saw any dead fish or a major fish kill, but they just never caught anymore fish out of there...almost like it happened overnite. I really truly hope this lake gets taken care of and that the fisherman and state keep a close eye on this lake. We south jersey guys have been handed a real nice smallmouth bass fishery and we need to ensure it isn't ruined.

#34 ·
I agree, strict regulations could make this a real haven for fishermen and it behooves them to assist in enforcement. If you see a violation don't look the other way. Even if it's not a violation but behavior that does not support good management practices, it's easy to educate and inform others to think about what they're doing and how it impacts tomorrows fishery.

#35 ·
BassSeeker and Dirtypenny, here here, couldnt agree with the two of you more, I;ll do my part, the fish and game is right up the road, I have to get their number on my cell, no hotline crap, I've called plenty times before(with results):thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.