BASS BARN banner

Alloway Lake-OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!

14K views 106 replies 36 participants last post by  Dirtypenny725 
#1 ·
:D Another SJ gem (formerly private) opens to the public. This place is a hog factory, loaded with shad. The State repaired the dam and built a ramp for us fishermen. Just make sure you have your boat operators/fishing license, boat registration, trailer registration because a Game Warden is monitoring the place.

A few more months and then its Lake Audrey opening!!!:bow:

#3 ·
:D Another SJ gem (formerly private) opens to the public. This place is a hog factory, loaded with shad. The State repaired the dam and built a ramp for us fishermen. Just make sure you have your boat operators/fishing license, boat registration, trailer registration because a Game Warden is monitoring the place.

A few more months and then its Lake Audrey opening!!!:bow:
1/1/10 Lake Audrey, but please don't spread it around. That lake is so tiny, it is gonna be swamped.

At least it is catch and release only until 2012

#7 ·
It's a little too late to keep Audrey hush, it's all over the forums. It's going to be a free for all opening day of that place...but I can't wait. Anybody else wanna hit it up on New Years Day??:D

Joe, when did they open up Alloway????

I will probably let it sit a few weeks. Really think the bass will be aggressive on 1/1?
Hell, we might be ice fishing in the lake

#11 ·
You know the day that lake opens it WILL be SWAMPED :(

Gonna be a :fighting: match just to get on the water I bet.

#25 ·
they had some big ones 2lb+ for sure under the bridge was the spot,i also remenber scening the over flow ponds w the state once a year in april all the big bass were put back in the lake and the smaller one went on the state truck for stocking other lakes, the soup & coffee at the mom pop cafe, those were the days an event happy to had seen and been a part of;)

if the ramps at the dam area ole beach area thats a long run to the back, better have two battries, it gona take some time for the lake to come back to what it was,if it ever dose, back in the day there wasn't as many lawn chemlcials, bet that and not secning the over flow will hold the lake back from what once was,,turned the son inlaw and his fishin bud rich on to shiner fishing this pass season, and even gave em the spot to fish thier best year ever rich's seven& a quarter had em hooked deep into live bait, they both got this info cause i seen thier passion, leaving the house when its still dark and spending the time to catch and find bait, give em a thumbs up,put thie time in and catchin some lunkers the pass season

#28 ·
Good to see that the tax dollars WE invested in restoring those private property values for thier owners are also resulting in FAIRNESS.

The place can't be what it once was after being empty so long but the cover has to be awesome throughout.

Ya know Bill I stil have to meet you one day but don't blame the net, blame the land owners who did not want to put up the money to restore thier own property values and asked the people of the PRNJ to do it for them.

#37 ·
That whole argument is irrelavant since the Dam did not need replacing. It only needed an up to date control mechanism to open and close the gate. This would have cost a fraction of what the final was. No wonder they did not want to pay for it.:rolleyes:

The internet lets people who are lacking attention get it. Making places sound like a sure thing only leads to masses of anglers where normally there would be a steady flow. I am not against this lake opening up to the public. I am against people that sound like Rev Jackson rallying the masses.;)

#29 ·
Getting word about rules for the lake. No gas motors allowed at all. Not even on the mounted and out of the water. No gas tanks allowed in the boat. No tournament fishing for 2 years from Sept 09. And then they may give out permits for a fee if they feel like it.

Not as appealing as advertised.:mad:

#39 ·
alloway

I think the main thing is for people to practice catch and release, ESPECIALLY for the big bass and for that matter pickerel and even huge crappie. This lake seems to be unique and the big fish should be released to protect the fishery. Anymore you can take a picture of your trophy, measure and weigh it and get a replica made.

#40 ·
I think the main thing is for people to practice catch and release, ESPECIALLY for the big bass and for that matter pickerel and even huge crappie. This lake seems to be unique and the big fish should be released to protect the fishery. Anymore you can take a picture of your trophy, measure and weigh it and get a replica made.
:D Well said!!! I agree 100%!!!!!:bow:

#43 ·
Alloway

Darrin your right.The Lake has been down for quite some time.It could take a few years to see quality again.I remember back in the Late 80's we caught numerous Bass over 6lbs.One day in May we caught 1 that went 8lbs 12oz.That day was one of the best I ever had on the Lake.We had over 30lbs with our best 5.I have to find my old pics and scan them.HRL:thumbsup:

#44 ·
Alloway Report

Went out in search of Alloway Lake, which for me was not an easy place to find. The address from Bassman 4519 did help, I must say. Although I didn't take my boat, I did take a couple of rods to test the water should I find it, which I did.
After a few casts from the area FD posted pix of, I was rewarded with what I thought was the bottom and a lost lure, but instead turned out to be a 5# slime monster, it even leaped out of the water a time or two. Well, I sold. The view from the launch ramp, which needs some improvement, looks to be one beautiful lake. IMO it was money well spent by F&G on our behalf.
The sign at the entrance says "Public Access from Dawn to Dusk". I spoke with a maintenance man while I was there who indicated that this area is a work in progress and that he realize the ramp area still needs some work and which was on his short list.
This could be one of the best C&R lakes South Jersey has been waiting for, for a long time......

#45 ·
Went out in search of Alloway Lake, which for me was not an easy place to find. The address from Bassman 4519 did help, I must say. Although I didn't take my boat, I did take a couple of rods to test the water should I find it, which I did.
After a few casts from the area FD posted pix of, I was rewarded with what I thought was the bottom and a lost lure, but instead turned out to be a 5# slime monster, it even leaped out of the water a time or two. Well, I sold. The view from the launch ramp, which needs some improvement, looks to be one beautiful lake. IMO it was money well spent by F&G on our behalf.
The sign at the entrance says "Public Access from Dawn to Dusk". I spoke with a maintenance man while I was there who indicated that this area is a work in progress and that he realize the ramp area still needs some work and which was on his short list.
This could be one of the best C&R lakes South Jersey has been waiting for, for a long time......

:D Sounds good, Bob!!!:thumbsup: I'll be hitting it BIG TIME next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.