BASS BARN banner

Hoopes Reservoir Delaware

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnO 
#1 ·
I was looking around on google earth and came upon this reservoir, and i was wondering if you were allowed to fish it or not, because it looked good. Any Info?

#4 ·
Hoopes is patrolled with a lot more security than Springton. Very few access areas, and no where to park nearby.
The city of Wilmington owns the Reservoir, it is the largest supply of drinking water for New Castle County, Delaware. Wilmington Security patrols, also, private Security from the Homeowners also patrols the area.

Unlike Springton, it is not an easy place to get into unless you are just dropped off along the road and get into the wooded area without being seen

#9 ·
Good god, me and a few friends use to fish hoopes back in the 90’s. Hands down best fishing in Delaware. From the dam to the poles( we called it) to the rock cliff you could jump off of, the place is beautiful. I’ve caught largemouth bass from 6 lbs up to losing monsters, caught pike. We jumped off dam been chased away got caught but let go. Nice place and has to be banned cause people would not respect the water and it would be destroyed. It’s a shame but a must.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.