BASS BARN banner

Need help on fishing spots at Peace Valley/Galena

18K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  lastcast 
#1 ·
My wife and I have been going to Lake Galena to fish for about two years now. We are just two noobs who just go to fish off the docks and catch sunnies with the occasional LM Bass. My brother-in-law is coming up to stay with us for a few weeks in June and he is an avid fisherman and I would love to be able to bring him to Lake Galena for some good fishing. I was just curious if anyone on this site would be able to guide me in the right direction of some of the sweet spots on this lake. I do not own a boat, so we will probably be fishing off the shore unless you guys really recommend boat fishing in which case I will look into renting one.

#3 ·
Good Luck! Ive fished galena a couple times from a boat.There are no sweet spots.Try to catch some of the panfish in the lake perch/white perch/sunnies and use them for bait.Go at grey light or in late in the day into early night.

#4 ·
No "easy" fish in that lake but there are some decent fish to catch. Like was pointed out above - get there early early early. Work all those rip rap areas on the Creek Road side starting at the 1st 24 hr lot and heading towards the Nature Center to the 1st large cove past the boat Rental area. Fish both sides of the dock area in front of the boat rental as well (it is a floating dock so it does not really provide much (good) structure - but there is debris all around that does ;)

Main forage for the LMB and Channels is gizzard shad and crayfish with lots of big crayfish everywhere. Jigs, Tubes and soft plastics with bullet weights both texas and carolina style work best

There is a good supply of both white and black crappie as well - with some really big whites if you are so inclined.

Remember - you need a Bucks County permit to launch a private boat there

If you go before or after dark you must park in one of the three designated 24 hr lots and have a valid license

GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.