BASS BARN banner

Lowe vs Tracker 14 Foot Jon Boats

28K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BILLY P. 
#1 ·
I was pricing these boats and the Lowe was about $350 more. I would like some feed back on pros and cons on either. Thanks!

#6 ·
i looked at these boats for a while. i think the Lowe has a lot of easy access storage. The tracker just has under the bow storage if i remember correctly. G3 is another brand you might want to check out. Also there are small differences that can add to the price (floor, rear platform, etc.). Something to consider is where do you plan on fishing and what size motor will it have. If you are going to get a 9.9 hp motor a heavy boat won't move as well. i wound up finding a used sean nymph. It is not as solid as the boats you are looking at but it is light and moves pretty well with a 9.9. Spring Garden Marine has a good website with prices (not sure if they are a barn sponsor or not). Good luck.

#7 ·
My buddy has a lowe and we love it. However I have nothing against the tracker. The one thing about a Jon boat is the transom and side height. The bigger the better if fishing in a good sized lake or river. The tracker makes a great lowe that you could fish a lake with and even hit the back bays in a 14ft Jon. My other buddy has a small lowe that is nothing more than a glorified canoe.

The two boats you mention - both have same beam or bottom width....so next look side and transom height.

On the lowe site you can get all the specs and compare them to the tracker which also lists their spec. Will tell you the amount of ribs, thickness of metal, heights, etc.

I think Lowe is premium for a Jon as the boat I said I liked in the 1st paragraph is built like a tank.

-Matt

#8 ·
I had a similar question over a year ago (do a search for lowe roughneck). I ended up getting a 16 ft Lowe Roughneck outfitted with a livewell and rear deck. The boat is awesome and is perfect for the lakes around here. I am so glad I went with a 16ft vs 14ft boat - you may want to consider a 16ft boat.

#11 ·
I like my 14 ft does the job but i think 16 or 17 gets wider as you go up as well and there safer foul weather we run for the dock with 16 or 17 little further off the water takes the chop also in the wind which we all no can come from no where. But the 14 works great for now fits in the garage , easy to operarte, and it will move faster 9.9 on 16 or 17 will be pushing. Decsions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.