BASS BARN banner

Pocono fishing report at francis e. Walter dam

17K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RuddeDogg 
#1 ·
I went to Francis E. Walter dam last week end and I did really well. I caught 62 fish:eek: total including 1 - 26 1/2" 5 pounds 14oz chain pickerel, 2 small large mouth bass up to 12", 22 yellow perch up to 14" 2 pounds 4oz, 1 white crappie 14" long 12.50 girth 2 pounds 7oz, 36 black crappie up to 14 1/2" 1 pound 12oz. I kicked *** again there! Beautiful scenery!

#4 ·
I hunt and fish there too! I fish from land and boat but mostly boat! I eat the fish the all the time! I fished there this year 15 times and between me and my wife and 2 kids we landed over 600 fish :eek: according to my daily log book including 3-6lb chain pickerel, 1-8lb large mouth bass, 1-7lb small mouth, .50-2.50lb black crappie & white crappie, 1-3lb brown bull head & yellow bull head cat fish, .50-3lb yellow perch, brook, brown ,rainbow trout up to 5 pounds, I even got a wild tiger trout 18" long 3 pounds. I killed them this year and last year we got 103 less but thats still a killer year. I hope this helps and if you ever want to go you can go with me, just hit me up. You cant just go and fish there, the water fluctuated between 218 feet in the summer to 55 feet in the fall at its deepest area, and you have to know where to go. I know that lake like the back of my hand. I hope this helps.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
nice thank you sir.. used to go up there a lot when i had a buddy who had a place up there.. ill be looking for a little place up there soon. like the pocono mountain estates up there. tons of houses up there not used and look run down. wish i had some leads on who owns them. thanks again...

#7 ·
Never fished that lake but plan to vacation in that area next summer. Which part of the lake is good for the black crappies? Appreciate any help -

#10 ·
It is beautiful there. I visit the area from time to time, and even snowboarded the roadway (needed to hold onto the mirror of a truck to get speed in the beginning :eek:) before. I have never fished there. Were you using live bait? I have had great success all over the Poconos for bass, rainbows, and pickeral on lures. Just wanted an idea of how to fish that area. Resivours are unfamiliar territory to me.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.