BASS BARN banner

4/20/13 wild trout report

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Lotta Sick Days 
#1 · (Edited)
I only had the morning to fish, and it wasn't sounding too promising, especially hearing the rain hitting my roof last night. I got up anyway and took a long drive, some of it in some steady showers, looking to duck the flood waters in some little protected creek in the mountains. I was surprised to see another truck in the parking area when I arrived. I was hoping for hikers... But I took precautions to avoid fishing used water, at least for a while. The stream was in good shape.

I decided to throw a nymph and small football indicator with my new 3 wt fly rod. Nothing fancy, but the brownies didn't seem to mind the beaded Prince this AM. Had one after a couple swings and misses.

I continued to have a steady pick of small browns, with a couple decent ones thrown in.

Eventually, I ran into a couple spinfishermen, so I tried to hike a good bit above them to give them space. But they managed to jump ahead of me not 30 minutes later without even a head nod, so I just packed it in and hiked back. A good morning at any rate. A couple more pics below:

One more.

See less See more
#13 ·
nice fish man.. heading up tomorrow for a few days I think the lehigh might be blown out for a release. will be in white haven if you have any suggestions what streams to hit. brob546@gmail.com.
Might be heading up with my dad on Monday. If he bails, I send you an email :thumbsup: Flows were actually fine by late morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.