Menantico
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menantico

Our club held a little tournament on Menantico today and out of 8 boats only 1 bass was caught it was 1 lb 6 oz. Not too good for a tournament!
    Boy it was cold!
    Al Franchetta,<br />President- Cumberland County Bassmasters

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Been there done that,If it was warm for a few days prior you probably would have caught some more.Was that Bass Caught In the Lake or Down in the Tidal Section?I love it there you can fish the best of both worlds,HRL
    Goose,Duck,Deer,Coon,Muskrats The "Other" Red Meat
    Striper and Drum the "Other" White Meat.
    I Support Catch and Eat.

That fish was caught in the cove at the right of the ramp. $240 spike bass with 10 minutes to go. A couple guys said they were seeing fish all over in there just couldn't get them to hit. One guy said he saw one around 7 lb. would have liked to see that pig. A lot of perch and crappie were caught though. I didn't even get anything that I was 100% sure was a hit. Every time I set the hook nothing was there.

I was a little disappointed today, was expecting to at least see a couple nice fish caught like last time there.

[ 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Clamboni ]
    cj

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Those ponds are clear and deep. I would only have success there using thin, clear fishing lines. Like 4 pound test. When I fished with heavier lines, I could see the bass follow behind my lures but they wouldn't bite. I've even watched them as they would touch the lure with the tip of their noses.
    Charlie. Great surf fishing in IBSP. GO FISH.

Those Bass in there are home-schooled literaly.That place recieves so much pressure it has been genetically implanted in there brain.Theres no doubt light line is essential there to catch Bass in the Upper Lakes.6lb or 4lb Test FluoroCarbon fished in the open water.8lb around cover.Small baits 3-4 inch worms and creatures.Down Below is a different story the water is stained and regular Bass Gear works down there.I fished a Tournament there in the Early 90's.They didnt make the Maurice off-limits most do.I ran down the stream and Hit the Tidal section I fired up the Outboard and Drove right down Menantico Creek all the way to the Maurice.It was a gamble ,but I knewI would have good Water when I got back.It took about 45 min and I was Fishing North of Fowser Street.I Crushed a nice sack up there on 4"worms and went back for weigh-in.I had a little trouble getting up the Creek ,but made it Back just in time.Before I weighed My Bag in somebody protested me for using my Outboard and leaving the Tournament waters.After a Few brief words with the Club that was holding the tournament they denied the protest because they never restricted any of the above.I won the Tounament by 3 pounds,after that most Clubs put the Creek off-limits down to the RT.55 bridge and banned outboard use.Oh well it worked once.HRL
    Goose,Duck,Deer,Coon,Muskrats The "Other" Red Meat
    Striper and Drum the "Other" White Meat.
    I Support Catch and Eat.

I heard it was a trooper convention checking everyones vessel,and documents. A efew got tickets.

I don't think anyone got tickets. I didn't hear anyone say they did anyway. There were two different suburbans that came back. I didn't see the first pair, but I was told that they pulled everyone off the water to check them out. I know everyone that started the tourney finished it, and I would think that if they wrote tickets they would also pull them off the water. But the second pair that came back were cool, mostly just talking to us and checking out the boat mods.
    cj

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in