Catch and sell bait as a kid
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catch and sell bait as a kid

How many of you caught your own bait as a kid?

I grew up living next to Malaga Lake. We caught all our own night crawlers and sold the rest to Repps Blackwater Tackle Shop. We also caught and sold shiners to John and he'd keep them in the stream along side the store. Lots of fun and got paid! [img]smile.gif[/img] Course we bought new hooks and lures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Philadelphia, Huntingdon County PA,Sea Isle City, Forked River

Sold killies to pier 88 in Sea Isle when I was a kid.

Catch my own minnies as we speak.Personal use only. Mainly just to feed a pet Bass at home. Sometimes I get lucky and get some crawdads in the mix.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Man I sold a lot of Bait when i was akid.Shiners,Minnies and Roach.I trapped around the house in the creeks.Sold em to the guys that fished Crown pt.i also sold them commercially for a few years when i was in High School.Used to think I could make a living doing it,LOL those were the days,HRL
    Goose,Duck,Deer,Coon,Muskrats The "Other" Red Meat
    Striper and Drum the "Other" White Meat.
    I Support Catch and Eat.

i used to shovel out my backyard for worms. never sold em, just gave extras to fishermen around me.i lived near a real freindly pond where everyone would share all of there bait and tackle.

i have 2 traps in all year long, for personal use
    & to feed njv's pet bass.

hey chunka bunka look at mikes bait, or stawberry, thier puttin food on the table..

i got togo down and see mikes operation i hammington, my cuz was there and said he's got it together,

in my younger days i took care of O j's in jefferson/ fish & fur/daves den blackwood/wilwards clamington & captian lou's frymills rd. had the chance to do the fort but was afraid to quit my day job, i was happy being out in the meadows at 3 in the morin and realy enjoyed it,,wish i took the chance and left the day job back then!

tryed the nite crawer thing man is that back braking bent over picking them thigs hands all cummed up and a penny each thats tuff work

know growin them babies is whats happening,

freedom

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in