Menantico
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menantico

My son John and I went to Menantico for a couple of hours earlier today. I caught a 14 inch bass on a "motor oil" finess worm and John caught a nice Crappie on a suspending jerk bait. Then a mini disaster struck. the steering cable broke for the trolling motor and the wind was pushing us away from the ramp. A little work to hold the shaft straight and we made it back to the ramp.
    Now we have to have a new cable by next week or the ol' stratos will be sitting in the driveway for the first club tournament.

[ 03-06-2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Cumberland County Bassmasters ]
    Al Franchetta,<br />President- Cumberland County Bassmasters

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Hey Al do you have a Evinrude Trolling motor on your Stratos?If so Kings Marine in Sewell on 47 has the cables in stock,he also carries the switches and dials,HRL
    Goose,Duck,Deer,Coon,Muskrats The "Other" Red Meat
    Striper and Drum the "Other" White Meat.
    I Support Catch and Eat.

Hey Al, maybe if you covered the stratos once in a while the ice wouldn't get in there and cause problems. And plus you won't need to put all that ice melt on your carpet and you can save it for the ramps. lol

[ 03-06-2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Clamboni ]
    cj

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

glad to hear about someone fishin menantico. moved to mays landing recently. i understand there is some areas for waders there. son and i fished there MANY years ago when i had a rowboat, had some nice bass fishin back then and a huge pickerel. would appreciate any info.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

You are right about not covering the boat, if John didn't ruin the cover, we wouldn't have had the problem. He is going to bas pro shops soon and but a new cover. We have a club tournament this weekend and we should have it up and running by then.

Dude, there is good fishing by waders in the Spring at Menantico for stripers below the railroad trestle, just be careful of the deep holes!

Cumberland County Bassmasters--- do you use artificials or live/cut bait in this area??? Also, at what point in the Spring does the bite pick up???? Thanks for input----Mike
    Boat name: Alyssa T
    26' Triton walkaround
    Twin 150 Yamaha 4strokes

We do good in early may. Live herring is best, but cut bait works also. The only problem with the cut is keeping the catfish off the line.

Thank CCB--- pretty much everyone I've talked to uses live/cut herring at this location....I try to stay away from bait, though.....Have you heard of anyone having any success (or even attempting for that matter) on artificials?????Thanks----Mike
    Boat name: Alyssa T
    26' Triton walkaround
    Twin 150 Yamaha 4strokes

I use to go to fish there 10 years ago and finally made it back to there last year and had no luck. The lake is beautiful and the ramp is excellent. I think that it is very overfished. I was using a motor oil worm and various rattle traps. I was even luck enough to get a laminated mep from some boyscout troop leader that was there. He had no luck eigther.
    Jason Mejzak

I use to go to fish there 10 years ago and finally made it back to there last year and had no luck. The lake is beautiful and the ramp is excellent. I think that it is very overfished. I was using a motor oil worm and various rattle traps. I was even luck enough to get a laminated mep from some boyscout troop leader that was there. He had no luck eigther.
    Jason Mejzak

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in