BASS BARN banner

Chester creek

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Binder 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm somewhat new to delco and am trying to find new spots close to home. Has anyone ever fish the Chester creek? I am looking for fly fishing for trout, bass fishing, whatever as long as I'm catching stuff. I just don't know where there is access to the creek so I can wade it. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Binder

#2 ·
Hey, Binder, that is an ATW, so there should still be trout in there still. If the water is above 70, keep the trout you catch. The Sporting Gentleman is a fly shop in Glen Mills that should be able to give you intel. I have only fished it once years ago. Since it's an Approved Trout Water, you will be able to find maps on the PFBC's web site too.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Thanks lotta sick days, I have been looking at a bunch of streams in the area. Looks like Ridley creek is a good spot too but looks like Chester creek has more of a variety of fish. Once I get out there I will post some pictures if I get anything

#4 ·
I think that is true. More variety on the lower end of the ATW of chester creek than the park stretch of Ridley Creek.

#6 ·
Right upstream of bridgewater rd there is a big parking lot on the left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.