6 lb 12 1/4 oz Hawg! - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 6 lb 12 1/4 oz Hawg!

Default Patriot Lake

"Rob" showing off his talent...
    Last edited by truthdweller; 11-09-2018 at 06:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

seen him or someone in that spot a few times as I walk my dog there....nice fish...guess I should make a few cast...

Joe R.
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    truthdweller likes this.

Either him or me!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Problem:"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26 KJV

Solution:"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16 KJV

Why wait? Understand, hence believe in Jesus Christ today. It really is that simple.

Default 5+ lb HAWG

Rob bundled up out in warmer, high fifties today at Patriot Lake, pulling out this PIG...

was walking the dog there the other day , he was telling me about that fish...thats a nice fish from there...most of the fish were stocked by the state prison program during the Kids Hooked on Fishing days...however that stocking program ended 4 years ago...nice seeing them grow in there...

Joe R
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    truthdweller likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by truthdweller View Post
    Absecon, NJ
    March 19, 2017
    Time: 18:15
    Outside Temp: 50F
    Water Depth: ~24" - 36"
    8lb Fluorocarbon
    68" Fiberglass spinning rod/reel

https://www.youtube.com/user/digitsd..._as=subscriber
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
    SUBSCRIBE and LIKE my YouTube channel!
    Last edited by truthdweller; 12-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Since I can't get anything to bite, I may as well post something that looks nice, smh...

Here's a hole in Galloway, NJ next to a blueberry field...

Last edited by truthdweller; 02-25-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Dogface likes this.

your buddy lost a nice one fishing near the dog park in a spot of open water last week most of the pond was frozen at the time,,I give him credit he is out casting during these cold spells

Joe R.
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    truthdweller likes this.

Well, after the rains and somewhat warmer weather we just had, I returned to the above pond and had Pickerel hitting on Watermelon shad tailed Senko's. No bass yet though. At least it was motivation for Spring just around the corner!
    Last edited by truthdweller; 02-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Problem:"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26 KJV

Solution:"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16 KJV

Why wait? Understand, hence believe in Jesus Christ today. It really is that simple.

Speaking of Spring...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    your buddy lost a nice one fishing near the dog park in a spot of open water last week most of the pond was frozen at the time,,I give him credit he is out casting during these cold spells

Joe R.
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    Where is "dog park"?

With the temperature's warming into the 60's, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to chase prespawn BASS in Absecon, NJ!

Having two poles, one rigged with a shad tail senko and the other, with my favorite watermelon chartruse tail senko, I skipped the latter (ultra-light Ugly Stick), parallel to the shore, along the edge of still bare branced cover, and got hit immediately on the drop (gotta love that)! I'm still using 6lb fluro with an 18" (10) lb leader and, with that 5' 6" ultra-light, the action is crazy! I could tell I had a pretty good sized hawg and, even in heavy cover, she stayed the course for me. After lipping her, I heard voices up and behind me and turned to see a couple with their dog up on the foot path watching.

"What is that, a trout?" asked the guy.

"No, no, it's a largemouth bass" I educated him by showing the mouth and then put her on my Field and Stream grip scale. She weighed in at 1.58 lbs...

"WAIT, she's much bigger than that!?" I expressed. "Oh, it's set on kilograms" I realized. She turned out to be 3.48 pounds.

"You can eat those things can't you?" the gentleman asked.

"Well, you can but, the unofficial ettiquette is to catch-and-release..." as his significant other took over and filled in the deatails for me, haha! At that point I turned and released her.

It wasn't till later that I realized that I never took any pictures!

no disrespect ...but that Absecon Pond is closed to fishing March 18th untill opening day of Trout season April 6th....They did not stock it yet as of today...maybe that Bass will weigh more next week after a trout dinner LOL....PS as per above dog park behind Patriot lake, I am there often walking my pup...

Joe R
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    truthdweller likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in