Time: 18:15
Outside Temp: 50F
Water Depth: ~24" - 36"
8lb Fluorocarbon
68" Fiberglass spinning rod/reel

See less See more
1 1
#74 ·
Since nothing is being caught lately on my end, I figured I'd keep the motivation going by posting an older video that seems to never get old, from near my home town, San Diego, CA @ Lake Dixon:

#75 · (Edited)
River Otter (Lontra Canadensis), Galloway, NJ

Got treated to this today at a new hole in Galloway:

#76 · (Edited)
Found a new hole today, BASS were hitting Texas rigged Senkos in the shallows off shore, as well as Pickerel. I'm still yet to land my first BASS on a top water frog but I came REALLY close this time after getting 2-3 strikes but no hook-sets...that is, until sundown, when I got a GIANT strike that submerged the frog! I waited a second to see if the frog would resurface, and when it didn't, I SWUNG BIG, but my pole ended up striking the leaves and branches above! That darned fish not only swallowed my frog, but severed right through the line as well...hmm, I wonder what razor toothed freak of nature could have done this?!

#78 · (Edited)
More Motivation!

After leaving Technica Motorworks @ 3030 English Creek Rd., EHT, NJ 08234 (hint, hint), I ran across the street and threw in my line:

#79 · (Edited)

#80 ·

#81 ·
Brought my twelve year old with me back to the "Drain Pipe" in EHT and caught, yet again, a THIRD BASS out of that drainage! This time a smaller two pounder but gave the pole to my son to let him feel "tight lines" for the first time in a long time! On the way out, while dilly dallying in the shallows, I hardly felt another BASS on and again gave the pole to my son to reel in. Gotta love it, as he appeared to as well!

#82 · (Edited)
Laurel Lake, Grandville Gude Park, Laurel, MD...

3lb 15oz...

#83 · (Edited)

#84 · (Edited)
Back at the hole where I saw the River Otter in Galloway:

Discovered another culprit of why, when I get HUGE hits that, my line severs...yep, you probably guessed it, this place has SNAPPING TURTLES! While standing on the makeshift wood dock that this place has, a 20 - 30 lb snapper swam up and sat on the bottom below me.

I caught a 3rd Bass for the afternoon where when I could swear I had a HAWG at the other end but it turned out to be a one-pounder covered with grass and slime making it feel like a 5 + pounder...darn it Jim!

#85 · (Edited)
Patuxent River

Fished on shore of the Patuxent River at Supplee Lane Recreation Area in Laurel, Maryland today (see red dashes) Although it was quite warm and Philippine humid, and getting shut out after four hours, it was a beautiful body of water with lots of potential. A boat or yak would have been better:

#86 · (Edited)
Lake Laurel @ sundown...

#87 · (Edited)
Well, I'm back on the board with some motivating action in Egg Harbor Twp today. As of yesterday, and as I stated earlier in the summer, Heritage Park continues to be a ghost town so, with the cooler temps, I hit a favorite group of holes that was SWOLLEN beyond recognition and produced GREAT hits and GREAT fishing:

2 lb 9 oz

#88 · (Edited)

#89 · (Edited)
Eht day 2!

Another GORGEOUS day today with picture postcard weather here in EHT, NJ! I was back at the same place, fishing from shore, from 1030 to 1800 finding BASS in drain pipes, shore cover/rocks, and open water grassy beds. Also, I FINALLY caught my first fish on a 3/16oz black/blue jig w/blue frog trailer. Although, I ended up losing the jig after an EXPLOSIVE top water hit that resulted in a cut line... WTH!!

#90 · (Edited)
This (3) lbr was exciting in that she hit HARD in the shallows but shook the hook after some acrobatics. I ended up hooking her though after a second strike in a nearby location:

#91 · (Edited)

#92 · (Edited)
I tried a black/blue topwater frog all around the pond, on shore as well as open water... STILL nothing at Heritage Park...

#93 ·
Eht day #3!

#94 ·

#95 ·
Egg Harbor Twp - Day #4!

#96 · (Edited)
There's so many fish here, I can't stop going back, lol! Although a short day, arriving later at about 1700, I didn't bother breaking out the camera at first but, after three or so, I took this one:

#97 · (Edited)
A fish story worthy of telling:

I was at the same spot as the picture above when I cast at this lone, black branch sticking up out of the water and when I turned to look behind me, something struck the black and blue jig with the speckled blue trailer so hard that it almost knocked the pole out of my hands into the water! Of course, I continued to persue this "Loch Ness Monster" for the next half hour, but got no response. I'LL BE BACK!

Reactions: NotAtWork
#99 ·
A fish story worthy of telling:

I was at the same spot as the picture above when I cast at this lone, black branch sticking up out of the water and when I turned to look behind me, something struck the black and blue jig with the speckled blue trailer so hard that it almost knocked the pole out of my hands into the water! Of course, I continued to persue this "Loch Ness Nonster" for the next half hour, but got no response. I WILLL BE BACK!
No "Nessie" yet...

#98 ·
Eht day #6!

So, here I sit after this 3lb 10oz motha decided to light up my senses, lol! I figured that, since I'm decompressing after my adrenaline rush, Id post while Im here:

#100 · (Edited)
Life Back At Heritage?!

Got a message from my friend Rob...said he threw his line in just before sundown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.