BASS BARN banner

2019 Freshwater Reports...

9K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Fish Devil 
#1 ·
Post them here...
Thanks for contributing :cool: :)

#4 ·
5-28 Union Lake

Spent longer than usual chasing stripers this spring. Finally back into freshwater hit Union around 5:30 to 8. Only 1 bite but a nice largemouth a shade over 4 lbs. Caught on an 8" Zoom Junebug lizard.

View attachment 422194

Was just in Delaware at Red Mill Pond, the 3 of us were using junebug lizards too..they were tearing them up! buddy got a 5lb5oz, i got a 4lb13oz and a 4lb2oz. My best 5 fish (out of 12 bass) weighed 17lbs on the nose.
W

#7 ·
6-15 6-16 Union Lake

Interesting past few days at Union. The past few mornings the smallmouth bite has been crazy but only at certain times. From 4:30 am to around 630 non-stop and then shuts off completely. I've had a few double-digit am's. Sadly my best fish caught(around 3 lbs) my phone was either fogged up or sweat on from being in my waders and you can hardly make out pic. Most were caught on shallow running cranks like mann's baby minus.

Architecture Art
Fish Bass Fishing Common rudd Perch

#12 ·
7-4 Lummistown Road Lake

Went to Union today at around 4 am. Second cast had a huge hit dodn't budge after I set the hook. The fish jumped and spit my swimbait seconds later. It was still dark so I couldn't really see that well but looked and felt 6+ This was eating at me all day. Had to leave bbq at my house to run to the store and as I was coming up to the pond on Lummistown road to my surprise I had left 1 rod in my car ;) This pond has huge fish in it only problem is by the beginning of May it's 90% slop. I've been fishing it for the past 3 years. Only caught dinks and a few big pike. Finally got a nice one 4+ on a Lunkerhunt prop frog.

Fish Noodling Bass Fishing Recreation

#15 ·
7-30 Union Lake

Hit Union this am started throwing a jitterbug and had a few missed strikes. Switched to a 3.8 black cherry Keitech swimbait and on the first cast nailed a nice smallie. Thought it was way bigger with the way it fought. After the hook set she peeled some drag and of course, there were 2 nerve-wracking jumps. Such an awesome fish to catch. Weighed in a shade under 3.5 lbs.

Fish Bass Northern largemouth bass Night Carp

#16 ·
7-30 Union Lake

Hit Union this am started throwing a jitterbug and had a few missed strikes. Switched to a 3.8 black cherry Keitech swimbait and on the first cast nailed a nice smallie. Thought it was way bigger with the way it fought. After the hook set she peeled some drag and of course, there were 2 nerve-wracking jumps. Such an awesome fish to catch. Weighed in a shade under 3.5 lbs.

View attachment 427471
Nice! Do you ever sleep?!

#17 ·
8-14 Union Lake

This summer I've only caught smallmouths mostly during the same time period, an hour before dawn to an hour after. This am was cool because when I got to the lake there was a large school of something either shad or shiners about 30 yards from the shore. 2nd cast into the school nailed a really nice one on a 3.8" keitech swimbait. Weighed in at 4.3 lbs.

Tree Hand Long hair
Water Tree Hand Fish Bass

#18 ·
Rainbow Lake - 8/25/2018 7am-12

Front part of lake was muck city...worked my way towards the back while working the edges of the muck. Was throwing topwater and lizards. no interest.
Got near the back and was working the sides with the lizards, got into 3 small bass and was bit off by a large pickerel. Threw a keitech swim bait along the muck on my way back to the ramp and got one more small guy.

Other people on the lake were also saying they were having a rough go of it as well.

#20 ·
Oct 2 Union Lake

Don't usually post pics of crappies but this was biggest I've ever caught at 1.9 lbs.
Fun Night Facial hair

Once in awhile I will stop at the dam and take a few casts for smallmouths or stripers. Got a nice striper on a black storm 360 coastal. 26" 7lbs.
Fish Fish Bass Bony-fish

Oct 4 Union Lake

After catching a decent one Tuesday went back and nailed another nice striper at 28 ". First keeper size striper caught in freshwater in years. Caught on a 4.8" keitech fat swing impact
Water Organism Rock
Rock

#23 ·
Last Perch report for the year. Couple of good weekends of Yellow Perch in March, Mays Landing. Doesn't seem like very many people seek them out anymore, but the Perch don't care. Got back into it mid April, but targeting White Perch. Hit them really well in the impoundment sluice ways near Tuckahoe, big spawners on little jigs. Lots of fun. It's all about timing it right with the incoming or outgoing tide. Today it was stupid fishing on decent sized spawned out fish that looked to be mostly male. On to other things.

#24 ·
South Jersey Report 5/4

Most places bass are near the end of bedding as i see baby fries for the entire week.
Crappies been off most beds
Bluegills are terrorizing bass beds while some are starting to bed
Big Pickerels are roaming shallows, probably feeding on bluegills that are raiding bass beds.

#27 ·
Hit Rainbow yesterday. Slow start. I finally moved into a cove that warms up the quickest. I ended up landing five fish from here. Water temp got to 68. Had about 8 bites for the morning. Missed one on a lizard. Landed a total of 6 bass, all on a t-rigged 4" Senko. Best was around 2 1/2lb, a few others at 2lbs.

#28 ·
Hit Cedarville this morning. 65-69 water temps Bass are on beds. My first bass hit less then ten minutes in. A solid 4+. I was throwing a wacky rigged 5" Senko. It took about an hour to get another strike. Then it picked up and I landed two over 3lbs. Had a total of 7 bass for the morning. Missed a few hookups. Best ones came around shallow pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.