Union Lake
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By seavillebri
  • 1 Post By seavillebri

Thread: Union Lake

Default Union Lake

I've had a terrible fall this year. I was still fishing nights until late Sept with success but once it cooled down I could never get a solid bite all fall. My terrible fall continued when I switched to Striper fishing. It was an awful fall for just about all surf guys especially pluggers. I didn't catch 1 keeper this fall after putting in many hours. I occasionally fish the Dam but mostly for smallmouth and for stripers during the herring run. Last week I figured instead of driving an hour to either get skunked or the occasional rat would just go toss some striper lures at the dam. Was pleasantly surprised and a couple of outings saved my awful fall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181128_071201612.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	430799
    Wasn't expecting anything so no scale or tape measurer. Went back at night and got another nice one 28" on the dot.

Name:	IMG_20181005_013718.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	430801

Went back the following am really early around 5 and nothing for an hour. Hands were getting cold but decided to throw a 6" Berkley powerbait slim shad right at and under the bridge and 1st cast got nailed. Was using 15lb braid and with all the rocks, bridge and current I luckily got this one in. 39" Usually I have to get in the water and help revive fish this size especially after a nice fight but she took off once I released the lip grabber and swam off like nothing happened.

Name:	IMG_20181115_064906.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	430803 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181115_065031.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	430805

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Ran out of room 1st post but since this will be my last report for a while just wanted to wish everyone Happy and Safe Holidays. See you guys around Early March or so.
    JPDownie2000 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in