Pa. wild brown trout
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johnny cap

Thread: Pa. wild brown trout

Default Pa. wild brown trout

2nd winter trip up to Penns and Spring creeks in Centre Co,Pa. Timed both trips for cloudy, snowy weather and fishing was excellent both trips. Spring was alot tougher than expected but still ok. Penns was outstanding! 3 of us totaled over 80 fish on 1st trip with a surprise giant 26" Rainbow! Big bow ate a black 1/8 oz rooster tail. Only the 3rd bow I've seen caught down by Ingleby. Yo Zuri, Rapala and Bass Pro XPS stick baits were very good also. Last weekend I went by myself and totaled 55 Browns and 1 Bow over 3 days. Big brown went 22". Yes it was cold but frontal conditions made for excellent fishing. Alot of 15 to 18" trout and I never saw another angler. All catch and release, all fish treated with the respect they deserve. Giving honest fish report for anyone that wants to make the long ride. If not fly fishing it's super important to have cloud cover or rain or snow. If it's sunny out the fish shut off as soon as sun gets high. Stream is loaded with really nice size beautiful wild Browns and the occasional Rainbow. Kick the winter blues and go have a great stream to yourselves and catch a bunch. Fish Coburn area and down to Ingleby. Have fun
    fdformicola and NotAtWork like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Rockledge PA, Ocean City NJ, Cassville PA

I went to school at Penn State and fished both of those creeks frequently. Penns blows Spring away in my opinion, especially on larger fish. Access on Penns is tough and without a 4wd vehicle I could not access alot of areas in the winter months

A lot of it just got designated catch and release. Our deer camp Is the last house before the left, Before the tunnel. hunting around there has gone downhill so much.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

johnny cap Do you do any fly fishing on Penns or just lures? I have been trying to learn how to fly fish but I stick at it . I have caught some small fish out of Penns on fly rod . Wading can be tuff I have to be very careful Maybe If you wouldn't mind you could give me some pointers on fishing Penns I love just being up in that area but don't know anyone around there. I did ride back to Coburn once but wasn't sure where to fish ,I would like any help you could give this give this old guy .I belong to a camp up there so I have a place to stay. Thanks Howard
    [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in