Ice fishing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ice fishing

Default Ice fishing

With deer season winding down for me. I'm looking to do some ice fishing if condition work out this year. Live in Newark DE. Looking for spots to try with in about 2 hr drive. The yellow perch thread has me thinking about fishing deep creek lake years ago for bull bluegills and yellow neds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Poconos will be your best bet. I do a lot of damage up there and Tioga county on the panfish. If its a cold enough winter and Marsh Creek and French creek lock up both are good places to give a shot.

It's not ice fishing but I've read a lot of Yellow Perch reports (although not on the Barn) in years past from the upper Chesapeake tributaries. Too far of a drive for me plus there's plenty of Perch in Jersey but interesting nonetheless. There's a few videos on You Tube, so can't be too hard to find a spot to catch some.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by West Ave Mike View Post
    It's not ice fishing but I've read a lot of Yellow Perch reports (although not on the Barn) in years past from the upper Chesapeake tributaries. Too far of a drive for me plus there's plenty of Perch in Jersey but interesting nonetheless. There's a few videos on You Tube, so can't be too hard to find a spot to catch some.
    I usually fish the upper bay tribs for yellow perch. Being from Newark DE, very close. It can be hit or miss with the spawn. But Susquehanna has a good winter fishery for them. I'm looking to do something different. Hitting the ice with friends or make new fishing friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Jones View Post
    With deer season winding down for me. I'm looking to do some ice fishing if condition work out this year. Live in Newark DE. Looking for spots to try with in about 2 hr drive. The yellow perch thread has me thinking about fishing deep creek lake years ago for bull bluegills and yellow neds.
    I ice fish every year in south jersey, to be honest it is tough because we typically only get one week where it is cold enough to freeze the river with ice thick enough to safely fish. The photo I attached was January 8th of last year, it was after 5 days of the temp never going above 32 degrees, fished between 8-11 ft of water & caught tons of perch until sunset. The ice only got 4-5 inches thick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FEB94D3-F71E-40CF-B6BF-596F9BBA2438_1578190688038.jpeg 
Views:	141 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	438907  

Not sure we will get safe ice this year local. Kep upp the hope.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in