BASS BARN banner

lake harmony

16K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Man Toy 
#1 ·
i dont have much freshwater knowledge. Can anyone give me advice on fishing lake harmony? is it a good bass lake? what baits or lures are good this time of year? is it accessible to fish from the bank in any location? any tackle shops nearby?
thanks in advance fo r any type of direction anyone can give me

#4 ·
The lake is by Big Boulder Ski Resort. Its still a little cold for the bass, there is a tackle shop on Rt 115 in Blakeslee, if you are headed south on 115 from the WaWa its on the left before Mcginleys Lodge.

Good Luck!!!!

#5 ·
I've rented the same house on the water there a few times, and it was cheaper than a hotel. Caught bass from the dock behind the house with a spinnerbait. There is a ramp, but it is locked unless you live there you don't have a key. Took a 19' boat one year, but the rent came with a canoe and a sailboat so i didn't need it. It's not a big lake. Stop by Piggy's place for breakfast (that's who I rented the house from, good people).

#6 ·
thanks for the replies guys. i have been there twice before, but i have never fished there. unfortunately this year i dont think that the house is on the lake. it might be across the street. i will stop at that tackle shop and see what they have two say. i also see that beltzville and hickory run state parks are close. anyone have suggestions on these? beltzille says they stock stripers and musky, but i dont know if they would be easy to target from the bank

#8 ·
Head down 940 toward blakeslee and arrowhead lake and you'll come to a bait shop on the right,you can't miss it they have boats in the lot and a tree carved with three bears on it,they'll be more than happy to help you out,plus they sell live bait also,when I go up I usually use live bait(minnows) and I'll throw 3/8 ounce spinnerbaits preferably white.:)

#9 ·
harmony is a private lake, I mostly ice-fish it, a friend rents a house on the lake in the winter each year.

beltzville is a challenge to fish, lots of water low number of fish. although the bait store across the road from beltzville sells "quality" shiners.

#10 ·
Have fished Lake Harmony many times. The lake has good sized bass, big crappie and boat loads of pickerel. I've always done well on rubber worms, rattle traps and top water for bass. Fish around the many docks on the lake. I caught one of my biggest bass ever in this lake (6lbs). You can have a blast trolling a hot-n-tot (silver is best) for pickerel in this lake. They kill it everytime. In addition, there are some very big crappie. I actually caught an huge crappie on a rattle trap meant for bass. This is a fun lake. Not all that big and not all that deep, but the fishing has always been fun. The hot-n-tots seem to be the best all round lure at this place, so I would pick a couple up. They have great vibration when trolled and that is when you will hit the pickerel.

#11 ·
magruder said:
thanks for the replies guys. i have been there twice before, but i have never fished there. unfortunately this year i dont think that the house is on the lake. it might be across the street. i will stop at that tackle shop and see what they have two say. i also see that beltzville and hickory run state parks are close. anyone have suggestions on these? beltzille says they stock stripers and musky, but i dont know if they would be easy to target from the bank

Unfortunately these are hard to target at beltzville w/o a boat. Most guys hit the coves or the deep water by the damn.

#12 ·
thanks guys . i didnt expect so many replies. they are all very helpful.

i may try hickory run for trout. any pointers? do small metals work or am i better off with a bait? is it mostly a wading game? would neoprene surf waders be a bad idea? i dont have corkers or felt bottom. could i cast them from the bank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.