Kitchen Appliance advice?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wired98

Thread: Kitchen Appliance advice?

Default Kitchen Appliance advice?

Today I had an hour to kill before a meeting. Stopped into an appliance store they don't have in Pennsylvania. They had Frigidaire Gallery appliances in Stainless for less than black in PA. I checked their website and see they are also offering a rebate on "Centennial" appliances. So, I had $1850 budgeted for a range, microhood, and dishwasher. This was for black appliances as we don't care about stainless. The total for this deal would be $1560 less $300 rebate so $1260. Since they don't have a PA store I could avoid tax with delivery. Part#s:
    Range: DGGF3054KF $839.98
    Microwave: DGMV174KF $319.97
    Dishwasher: DGHD2433KF $399.98

First, how is Frigidaire Gallery Appliances? Second, we are planning on a summer renovation...would it be worth buying an storing in our garage?
    Finally, anyone have experience with PC RIchards?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Check out Leiberts (http://www.leiberts.com/) We used them recently and their prices were much better than any other place, including a contact who has an appliance place. The only issue we had was a couple of the items were dented but they came and picked them up & replaced them quickly. I'll deal with that headache for the 1k + we saved. Check out the package deals.

Someone on here ripped PC richards on here a few week ago. I think it was related to a sales person and not service.
    I can tell you this much. Spend as much as you can on kitchen appliances. Wife forced me into a Jen-Air Stainless stove. it was 3 times what I wanted to spend. But two years later it was a great investment!!
    I also picked up a stainless GE diswasher for 1/2 price at lowes, there were a few scratches inside the tub
    Good Luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by BT3100 View Post
    Wife forced me into a Jen-Air Stainless stove. it was 3 times what I wanted to spend. But two years later it was a great investment!!
    !

Yet you always use the RONCO

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
    Yet you always use the RONCO
    Got a pork loin in there right now!!!

The Jenn Air is great for grilling steaks inside.. With the Downdraft it works like magic

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.

Look up Sean Manni on here, he might be able to help you out.
    (formerly Reel Thing 25)

"OK FOR NOW" 1968 14' Mckee Craft

Thinning down the fleet!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BT3100 View Post

The Jenn Air is great for grilling steaks inside.. With the Downdraft it works like magic
    I have the same setup, but the only thing I found that is when you are grilling and want to cook something in saucepans the center vent sucks the flame and heat under from under the pans. You have to scoot the pans off towards the middle of the stove a bit or the saucepans take a long time to heat up. I have adjusted,but it bugs me to have the pans sitting polywampus on the burners. But, that's just me

they are opening a store on cottman ave where the circuit city used to be, across from the Roosevelt Mall. The store might be opened by summer. Check it out if they will be open by summer maybe you could buy them now and pick them up in the summer

Banned

I love to cook and I want to say that the kitchen has become my second home. I constantly buy various appliances that complement my kitchen and make the cooking process even easier than it is. For example, yesterday I received my Cuisinart air fryer from Emily Howard, who is simply superb in his field. I did not know that the deep fryer is such a useful thing. Now I try to combine almost every recipe with a deep fryer and I like every dish. I advise everyone to purchase, you will greatly simplify your life. Thank you for the attention!)

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
    Today I had an hour to kill before a meeting. Stopped into an appliance store they don't have in Pennsylvania. They had Frigidaire Gallery appliances in Stainless for less than black in PA. I checked their website and see they are also offering a rebate on "Centennial" appliances. So, I had $1850 budgeted for a range, microhood, and dishwasher. This was for black appliances as we don't care about stainless. The total for this deal would be $1560 less $300 rebate so $1260. Since they don't have a PA store I could avoid tax with delivery. Part#s:
    Range: DGGF3054KF $839.98
    Microwave: DGMV174KF $319.97
    Dishwasher: DGHD2433KF $399.98

First, how is Frigidaire Gallery Appliances? Second, we are planning on a summer renovation...would it be worth buying an storing in our garage?
    Finally, anyone have experience with PC RIchards?

Thanks!
    don't buy samsung!!!!!!!!

Ruff his post was from 2010 if he did buy a Samsung he probably replaced it already LOL
    rfanow likes this.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it.
    Piss on it and walk away.

For whatever it is worth, we had been working on the budgets for appliances for our new house. In order to establish a relatively accurate price, we spoke to one of the salesmen at East Coast Appliance, one of the biggest appliance stores in Virginia Beach, that is very competitive. We were looking to outfit the entire kitchen, and we do not need them right away. So I was trying to determine when I could get the best price, as there are sales in January, for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and Black Friday, and I can store them, although I would rather have them hold them until the house is ready for delivery.

The salesman said that Fourth of July has the best deals. I subscribed to Consumer Report to make my decisions, and as I recall the model years for most appliances end in the Fall, so retailers are looking to clear what is about to become last years model. The exception is refrigerators, which end their model year in the Spring, so the cheapest price will probably be later in the year.

One thing about Consumer Report, it seems like there is not any refrigerator that is affordable, that performs satisfactorily as to ice maker. If they all do poorly. So it was not that much help with regard to the refrigerator.

When I renovated our kitchen in Freehold about 15 years ago, we bought a GE Profile double oven. It had regular and convection on top, it was beautiful. Worked great. Unfortunately, the GE Appliance division was sold to a Chinese Company.
    “The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.”
    ~ HL Mencken

We hav had a Frigidaire Gallery stove for 25 years. It has been great. We are taking it to our mountain house and buying a new one for our main house. Couldn’t see buying new for a mountain place.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in