Backyard Wood Burning Boilers - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backyard Wood Burning Boilers

The difference is the material you burn. Most of these units allow you to burn any wood. You can burn fresh pine the day you cut it down. Im not teaching science but when you burn cheap wet/green unseasoned lumber which is no problem for these units it produces terrible creosote and other gases that seasoned dry lumber would produce in a much smaller amount. Also unlike fireplaces and woodburners these run 24/7. Before gas and oil we all burned wood or nasty dirty coal. When times change we improve things for efficency and quality of life. These beasts are a step back in evolution. Spend your money on a high end furnace or boiler. It will last way longer and lots less work. You will also save a ton of cash

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Now broadcasting from the new MOVE compound somewhere on Absecon Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
    If your neighbor is allergic to the smoke , how do you handle that issue ?
    So once again, your not allowed to have a fireplace? A smoker? A firepit or charcol grill? And actually, none of this is relevant in my situation because I have enough existing setbacks. How about you have a boat docked behind your home and it blocks my view of the bay? is that wrong? Can I get an ordinancs prohibiting that because it blocks my line of sight?

Quote Originally Posted by fishhard View Post
    I have to agree, the pool idea was not good. Call it what you want if I am affected in a negative way by what someone else is doing I’m going to complain. Smoke in my house is one of those things.
    The point wasn't that I am concerned about a pool. I am concerned that one woman can make a complaint and they will make a law against it. Whats next? Hence the pool reference. Or what if you have three kids? Can they get it zoned for only two? Where is the line going to be drawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelc View Post
    This was basically one woman that complained. So if one woman can force this kind of legislation, why not for a pool? There are already noise restricitons on the books. Who is to say they can't expnad on that because one person objects? And once again, look at the stack on that unit. How is it any different then the fireplace on a rancher. Does that mean that you cannot have a fireplace or a wood burner in a ranch or other one story unit? Does you dad have a fireplace in his log cabin?
    It is no different than a rancher.
    next you wont be able to eat peanuts in your back yard because someone next door is allergic to them.

I'd take the wood burner for a neighbor over MikeC.

At least with the wood burner the hot air being spewed out is serving a purpose.
    bigfish1970
    Callin' them as I see them (and then some)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabiki View Post
    The difference is the material you burn. Most of these units allow you to burn any wood. You can burn fresh pine the day you cut it down. Im not teaching science but when you burn cheap wet/green unseasoned lumber which is no problem for these units it produces terrible creosote and other gases that seasoned dry lumber would produce in a much smaller amount. Also unlike fireplaces and woodburners these run 24/7. Before gas and oil we all burned wood or nasty dirty coal. When times change we improve things for efficency and quality of life. These beasts are a step back in evolution. Spend your money on a high end furnace or boiler. It will last way longer and lots less work. You will also save a ton of cash
    I have a high end boiler. No fireplaces. This is more about one toad telling someone that they don't like it and getting an ordinace to stop it. I asked you a question. Does you log cabin have a fireplace? Are we to assume that you are only burning "good wood" or do we need to start monitoring what you are burning in there? What if someone complains about your fireplace and gets an ordinance? Are you willing to block it up?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish1970 View Post
    I'd take the wood burner for a neighbor over MikeC.

At least with the wood burner the hot air being spewed out is serving a purpose.
    No problem with that. I don't think you would enjoy living next to me.

That thing is more of an eyesore than anything. Imagine floating on your pool and have to see that glorified outhouse.
    bigfish1970

I don't think you would enjoy living next to me.
    I don't think anyone enjoys living next to you. You are that old, angry screaming, complaining neighbor that no one likes.
    bigfish1970

If you are thinking about putting in this kind of system, and I have been, better check with your neighbors first. apparently some may be allergic to the smoke.

So once again, your not allowed to have a fireplace? A smoker? A firepit or charcol grill? And actually, none of this is relevant in my situation because I have enough existing setbacks. How about you have a boat docked behind your home and it blocks my view of the bay? is that wrong? Can I get an ordinancs prohibiting that because it blocks my line of sight?

as usual , you will not answer the question posed to you ?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish1970 View Post

That thing is more of an eyesore than anything. Imagine floating on your pool and have to see that glorified outhouse.
    According to the article, that unit is pretty far back. And I bet you are a real treat to look at on a float. The smoke may be a blessing.

I would expect to see more of the outdoor burners being installed. Cap and trade will make the fuel for your high end boiler expensive for the average joe and he will chop down trees and burn them. Cut back on emissions to cut down more trees
    Shoobert

They are banned in many towns. Make sure you get the proper certs before installing. Just saying.

According to the article, that unit is pretty far back. And I bet you are a real treat to look at on a float. The smoke may be a blessing.
    Far back from the guy who owns it house. I wonder why?? Far from his, but closer to the neighbors.

I bet dollars to dog hair if it was your neighbor with one, you'd be bitching & complaining all over the place about the crap spewing from that thing.
    bigfish1970

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post

as usual , you will not answer the question posed to you ?
    Not my problem. If my neighbor is allergic to smoke, do I need to block up my fp? Move my grill to the woods? What would you do. I am allergic to deer ticks and my neighbors all feed the deer and bring them in? Should they stop?

The point wasn't that I am concerned about a pool. I am concerned that one woman can make a complaint and they will make a law against it. Whats next? Hence the pool reference. Or what if you have three kids? Can they get it zoned for only two? Where is the line going to be drawn?

from the article you posted , it does not appear to be one woman

The ordinance is a result of complaints by residents of South Andrielle Avenue in Erma, voiced at previous council meetings concerning the Banach residence. Adjoining property owners and folks who live down the street have complained to the township that the boiler sends smoke inside their homes.
    The boiler in question was a wood-burning, outdoor Central Boiler E Classic 2400 the Banach family uses to heat their home and swimming pool.

Perhaps the Boiler Operator as well as the " complainers " have not tied to get together and solve the problem collectively

but it appears to be a few more than just one women ?
    "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in