Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization

I consider myself a conservative and I don't want to make laws that take away peoples freedoms. If you are against abortion , don't get one, if you are against guns don't buy one. If you are against weed don't smoke it. Against gay marriage don't marry somebody of the same sex. The government should not be involved with this and should not be taking things from one group and giving it to others (tax's to welfare).

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by melvinthefisherman View Post
    Typical conservative, wants liberty to do only things that they agree with. Don't you understand property rights, you do what you want on your property and I do what I want on mine. If you don't like what your neighbor is doing you can ignore them, move, whatever just don't coerce others that's what liberty is about.
    Really?? Wow, I guess I'll stop shoveling, throw my trash where ever I want, stop cutting the lawn, leave my dog out barking all night etc... Awesome!! Thanks for the info and thanks for the compliment (conservative)!
    Ray/Char-Sea
    32 Carolina Classic
    1750 Hydra-Sports

Fishermen were the first

Man- CVS gave up 2 billion in profits by removing tobacco from all their stores...
    Ray/Char-Sea
    32 Carolina Classic
    1750 Hydra-Sports

Fishermen were the first

Quote Originally Posted by char-sea cap View Post
    Are you aware that after 50+ years, CVS has decided NOT TO SELL TOBACCO PRODUCTS any longer??

The scary thing about all the people yelling legalize this and legalize that- is they give no thought whatsoever to the liberty of the folks who disagree...

What if I don't want to sell pot at my drug store?? What if I don't want to have prostitution,heroin,etc. outlets in MY neighborhood?? What about my liberty?

Sounds great - yeah - it should ALL be legal!! but of course don't put it near my house- I'll drive into the city for it

Melvin- You are now raising a family...do you want an all-hrs pot, heroin, prostitution center up the street from YOUR HOUSE? How about near their school?? (after all these folks DESERVE liberty, and SHOULDN'T be told what they can do with THEIR bodies!)
    OK, I'll take the bait. I don't give a crap about CVS not selling tobacco. That is their choice and they were free to make that choice. Good for them. I don't smoke cigs either, but I don't give a rats *** if others do. If pot becomes legal its up to the business owner if they want to sell a legal product. If you don't like it you have the "freedom" to shop elsewhere. If Walgreens starts selling pot (and not just the one on your block, but all Walgreens) do you think all its gonna attract is "out of towner stoners" to your Walgreens at all hours of the night like you say? The answer is no... It's just gonna attract the pot heads already living on your street that you don't have a clue about. Do you own a drug store? Its hard to tell by your post but when you say "My drug store" you take posession and it sounds like you own one. I assure you that you don't have to sell anything that you don't want to if thats the case. Please stop comparing herion, and prostitution to weed, its apples and oranges and this thread is about pot so lets stay on topic. There were guys just like you in the 1920's bitching about boose, now if you dine out at a nice restaurant you will see 90% of the adults having a drink with dinner. Those Monsters! To think there were guys like you trying to stop guys like me from having a beer. SHEEEEIIIIT.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    I consider myself a conservative and I don't want to make laws that take away peoples freedoms. If you are against abortion , don't get one, if you are against guns don't buy one. If you are against weed don't smoke it. Against gay marriage don't marry somebody of the same sex. The government should not be involved with this and should not be taking things from one group and giving it to others (tax's to welfare).
    I'm also Conservative and agree with everything you posted..and I'll add in religion. The repubs have to change their stance on these things if they want to be in office again. They are just talking points to get elected anyway, and shouldn't even be dealt with at the federal level.
    BayRat

Rockledge PA, Ocean City NJ, Cassville PA

Quote Originally Posted by BayRat View Post
    I'm also Conservative and agree with everything you posted..and I'll add in religion. The repubs have to change their stance on these things if they want to be in office again. They are just talking points to get elected anyway, and shouldn't even be dealt with at the federal level.
    Unfortnuatly the typical conservative today is a does not believe in true liberty but only liberty to do what they allow.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    How simple it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Chad View Post
    I assure you that you don't have to sell anything that you don't want to if thats the case.

Are you the mayor? Governor? President? I think I'll need a little more "assurance" than that!

(by the way- I already stated that if ALL parties are in accord-I have no problem with it.)

Ps- Love a cold one at the end of the day, just like the next guy
    Ray/Char-Sea
    32 Carolina Classic
    1750 Hydra-Sports

Fishermen were the first

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Chad View Post
    If pot becomes legal its up to the business owner if they want to sell a legal product. If you don't like it you have the "freedom" to shop elsewhere.

Lunatic - wonder if you agree with this also??

or would refusal be "discrimination" against pot users??
    Ray/Char-Sea
    32 Carolina Classic
    1750 Hydra-Sports

Fishermen were the first

Quote Originally Posted by melvinthefisherman View Post
    Typical conservative, wants liberty to do only things that they agree with. Don't you understand property rights, you do what you want on your property and I do what I want on mine.

Liberty is about doing what you want with yourself and voluntary interaction with others. If you don't like what your neighbor is doing you can ignore them, move, whatever just don't coerce others that's what liberty is about.
    Partial

If you believe your statement about property rights, you cannot be more incorrect.

There are many ways that your use of real property are governed.
    Fran
    A proud member of Ancient Mariners
    Character is higher then Intellect
    The decisions we make dictate the lives we lead

Boatless

I believe Melvin just graduated high school. So, there are a lot of real life scenarios that he's seen on paper but not had the chance to put to practice yet.

Are you the mayor? Governor? President? I think I'll need a little more "assurance" than that!

(by the way- I already stated that if ALL parties are in accord-I have no problem with it.)

Ps- Love a cold one at the end of the day, just like the next guy

Name one thing anybody in US A is forced to sell.
    You argument is simply ridicules. You are not admitting it but you are simply trying to legislate morality. You are a control freak who believes to know what is good and what is bad for everybody. There is nothing in your statements indicating you understand or are for liberty and/or democracy. You are the very source of a huge problem in this country of never ending laws and regulations which are completely unnecessary and paralyzing to any type of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Partial

If you believe your statement about property rights, you cannot be more incorrect.

There are many ways that your use of real property are governed.
    But in no way this right!!

Lunatic - wonder if you agree with this also??

or would refusal be "discrimination" against pot users??
    Of course he is 100% right!!

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic View Post
    But in no way this right!!
    Please excuse me, but I don't understand your statement. Will you further explain?
    Fran
    A proud member of Ancient Mariners
    Character is higher then Intellect
    The decisions we make dictate the lives we lead

Boatless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in