Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization

Rockledge PA, Ocean City NJ, Cassville PA

So let me get this straight so if someone used drugs and was sent to a labor camp and objected to that because its crazy u would have them starve to death.

To me that sounds like some evil stuff pure evil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by melvinthefisherman View Post
    I am not paying for rehab either neither are you.

"Liberty not only means that the individual has both the opportunity and the burden of choice; it also means that he must bear the consequences of his actions … Liberty and responsibility are inseparable."
    -Friedrich Hayek

If its about money then please understand two things: What you are paying for the never ending and already lost war on drugs dwarfs anything you could ever spent on drug treatment for the drug addicts. It is like comparing a continent to an ant. In addition, our government does very little when it comes to their treatment and most pay, or don’t get any.
    Do you also have a problem with paying for injuries of people engaging in unnecessary, dangerous but legal recreational activities? Motorcycle riding, skiing, mountain climbing, hunting, fishing, drinking alcohol, overeating or not eating healthy? remember: "Liberty not only means that the individual has both the opportunity and the burden of choice; it also means that he must bear the consequences of his actions … Liberty and responsibility are inseparable."

Here is your war on drugs clock. Just take a look and see for yourself how much it costs:

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock

Last edited by lunatic; 04-10-2014 at 10:29 PM.

So let me get this straight so if someone used drugs and was sent to a labor camp and objected to that because its crazy u would have them starve to death.

To me that sounds like some evil stuff pure evil.
    If someone uses illegal drugs and gets caught (or commits any other small time crime), whatever their jail sentence is, it gets served in a labor camp, where they work all day instead of just sitting around in a cell. A week, a month, whatever the sentence is, while they're there, they work. When they've served their time, they are released. Very simple.

Now, if someone REFUSES to work, they go from the "labor camp" to the "hard labor camp." Same rules, just the work is harder.

REFUSE to work there, they go to the "slave labor camp." Same rules, but this is bad stuff. Actual slavery type labor. Finally get the point, do your time, you get released. REFUSE to work there, and the taxpayers aren't going to feed you. Starve and die. Who cares at that point.

The only differences between my labor camps and regular prison is that I am advocating that prisoners work to help offset the cost of their incarceration to the taxpayers. REFUSING to work is akin to refusing to behave in the current prison system. Only major difference is that instead of just increasing your jail time for misbehavior, I say we let you starve for refusing to work.

You don't have to "agree" with the sentence, or the labor. You just have to do your time and your work. Don't have to "like" it.
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyZac View Post
    If "jail" became a hard labor camp, one of two things would occur in a great many cases:

1. Some people would learn that it's easier to be civil and have a life by working "hard" in the real world (once they work their way out of camp) than it is to spend a life having no life working as a slave for free in the camp. "Some," not all.

2. Some people would completely buck the system, refuse to work, go from "labor camp," to "hard labor camp," to "slave labor camp," where they would eventually be allowed to starve and die, in slave labor camp, if they refused to learn how to be civil. Some, not all.

All together those 2 groups of "some," and that could equal "many" that wind up no longer being a part of the system.
    I like your idea JZ but it is as unrealistic as winning the war on drugs. You know it so why even use this argument.
    Last edited by lunatic; 04-10-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic View Post
    I like your idea JZ but it is as unrealistic as winning the war on drugs. You know it so why even use this argument.
    People talk about drug testing for welfare - unrealistic - even though it makes sense.
    People talk about "workfare" (working for your welfare) - unrealistic - even though it makes sense.

Personally, I think labor camps are easier to organize than either drug testing or workfare. They are already in prison. They are already organized. All we need to do is give them some work. I understand that starving to death in a "slave" labor camp is far fetched, but the basic premise of "go to jail, and you're working while you are there," I do not feel is far fetched or unrealistic at all.

People talk about drug testing for welfare - unrealistic - even though it makes sense.
    People talk about "workfare" (working for your welfare) - unrealistic - even though it makes sense.

Personally, I think labor camps are easier to organize than either drug testing or workfare. They are already in prison. They are already organized. All we need to do is give them some work. I understand that starving to death in a "slave" labor camp is far fetched, but the basic premise of "go to jail, and you're working while you are there," I do not feel is far fetched or unrealistic at all.

I believe you believe it would be easy. I believe it would work and it would be just.
    Do you think it will ever happen?
    Never, we are heading the other way!

I believe you believe it would be easy. I believe it would work and it would be just.
    Do you think it will ever happen?
    Never, we are heading the other way!
    Don't we already have in some prisons "volunteer" labor assignments? Working in the prison? Road crews?

All we need to do is make that work mandatory, and come up with more of it. So yes, I think it could be done. I can't say I think it will be done, as we are headed the other way, hard.

Don't we already have in some prisons "volunteer" labor assignments? Working in the prison? Road crews?

All we need to do is make that work mandatory, and come up with more of it. So yes, I think it could be done. I can't say I think it will be done, as we are headed the other way, hard.
    I agree. Criminals are victims now

If its about money then please understand two things: What you are paying for the never ending and already lost war on drugs dwarfs anything you could ever spent on drug treatment for the drug addicts. It is like comparing a continent to an ant. In addition, our government does very little when it comes to their treatment and most pay, or don’t get any.
    Do you also have a problem with paying for injuries of people engaging in unnecessary, dangerous but legal recreational activities? Motorcycle riding, skiing, mountain climbing, hunting, fishing, drinking alcohol, overeating or not eating healthy? remember: "Liberty not only means that the individual has both the opportunity and the burden of choice; it also means that he must bear the consequences of his actions … Liberty and responsibility are inseparable."

Here is your war on drugs clock. Just take a look and see for yourself how much it costs:

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock

I think the Government has no business with the economy. They should remain seperate. And all drugs should be legal.

And joeyzac if you are ever thrown in a labor camp for a bullsh*t law I'll say you had it coming

I think the Government has no business with the economy. They should remain seperate. And all drugs should be legal.

And joeyzac if you are ever thrown in a labor camp for a bullsh*t law I'll say you had it coming
    Drugs should be decriminalized not legalized except weed which should be legalized. Check out what Portugal has done.

It is insane to lock people up for drugs. Let the people go we have put more people in prison than any civilized nation and most of that is for the drug war.

Not to mention how police use it to infringe on our liberties. LET THE PEOPLE GO FREE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES AND PURSUE THEIR HAPPINESS.

LET THE PEOPLE GO FREE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES AND PURSUE THEIR HAPPINESS.

Great principle. Now let's apply it equally accross the board. When A fails out of school becausse of drugs and winds up in the gutter, we will not impinge on B's freedom by taking away his hard earned money in order to support A. And if we were going to apply the prinicple completely fairly, we would say that we will never impinge on anyone's liberty by confiscating their hard earned money in order to support others. Everyone pays an equal amount toward government to fund only that which only government can do. Otherwise, everyone is left to enjoy their liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by insanityrunningwild View Post
    Great principle. Now let's apply it equally accross the board. When A fails out of school becausse of drugs and winds up in the gutter, we will not impinge on B's freedom by taking away his hard earned money in order to support A. And if we were going to apply the prinicple completely fairly, we would say that we will never impinge on anyone's liberty by confiscating their hard earned money in order to support others. Everyone pays an equal amount toward government to fund only that which only government can do. Otherwise, everyone is left to enjoy their liberty.
    I agree with you 100%. We need freedom in this country.

Unfortnuatly some people havnt figured out what freedom means.

I agree with you 100%. We need freedom in this country.

Unfortnuatly some people havnt figured out what freedom means.
    Unfortnunately that will never happen because 80+% of the population curerntly lives wholly or partially off the wealth generated by the minoirty. They will never support true freedom. They want their freedom but don't want to free the minority from the obligation to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by insanityrunningwild View Post
    Unfortnunately that will never happen because 80+% of the population curerntly lives wholly or partially off the wealth generated by the minoirty. They will never support true freedom. They want their freedom but don't want to free the minority from the obligation to support them.
    So for that reason you must throw them in jail for having a plant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in