Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyZuks View Post
    So lets make it illegal, and heroin will go away, right? Oh wait, we tried that and it didn't work

I feel very strongly that there would be more heroin addicts if it were legal. Not really going to convince me otherwise.

Lets say for the sake of argument that legalization made crime go down, drug use go down, made the streets safe, de-funded terrorists and caused your taxes to go down... would you be for or against it? - Yes
    If heroin weren't so addictive, and if hookers on corners weren't so destructive, I would be in favor of both simply because of "freedom."

Legalizing pot really may accomplish all you've outlined above. Legalizing heroin is very bad move.
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

How many people are on disability because of substance abuse today. Go to jail get antidepressants come out and go on disability because you can not function.
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtop View Post
    How many people are on disability because of substance abuse today. Go to jail get antidepressants come out and go on disability because you can not function.
    THAT is the complaint I am trying to get people to understand.

YOU become a loser drug addict, and now I have to pay for your rehab, crimes, and wife/kids if you OD.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyZac View Post
    If heroin weren't so addictive, and if hookers on corners weren't so destructive, I would be in favor of both simply because of "freedom."

Legalizing pot really may accomplish all you've outlined above. Legalizing heroin is very bad move.
    Totally off topic, but I fail to see how prostitution is any more "destructive" than any other form of adultery. If anything, it would be less destructive

If I make a choice to go have sex with a prostitute, or go have sex with the first girl I pick up at a bar, I have still violated my marriage. I have still risked exposing my wife to STDs. If anything, the prostitute would actually be less risky, since they would be regularly tested for STDs. That and since it was purely physical, I think more wives would be more likely to forgive an incident with a prostitute than a full blown emotional/physical affair
    So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause

THAT is the complaint I am trying to get people to understand.

YOU become a loser drug addict, and now I have to pay for your rehab, crimes, and wife/kids if you OD.
    So making drugs illegal prevents that?

Totally off topic, but I fail to see how prostitution is any more "destructive" than any other form of adultery. If anything, it would be less destructive

If I make a choice to go have sex with a prostitute, or go have sex with the first girl I pick up at a bar, I have still violated my marriage. I have still risked exposing my wife to STDs. If anything, the prostitute would actually be less risky, since they would be regularly tested for STDs. That and since it was purely physical, I think more wives would be more likely to forgive an incident with a prostitute than a full blown emotional/physical affair
    I agree with all of that, but I feel a man is far likely to make a mistake and do something rash/stupid if there is a legal hooker on every corner, than if he actually has to go out of his way and risk getting arrested over an illegal prostitute that he has to drive down to a bad area to see out.

So making drugs illegal prevents that?
    I think making heroin illegal results in less heroin addicts than if heroin were legally available on every corner. I'm not talking about pot. I'm talking about really bad stuff like heroin.

I agree with all of that, but I feel a man is far likely to make a mistake and do something rash/stupid if there is a legal hooker on every corner, than if he actually has to go out of his way and risk getting arrested over an illegal prostitute that he has to drive down to a bad area to see out.
    What about a man who goes to a bar, has a few drinks, flirts with a pretty girl, and winds up in her hotel room?

Flip side of that, would you rather a man who was just looking for sex go see a hooker, or lie and manipulate an innocent girl?

I think making heroin illegal results in less heroin addicts than if heroin were legally available on every corner. I'm not talking about pot. I'm talking about really bad stuff like heroin.
    Making it illegal makes it available on every corner. I think that's the point you are missing. Heroin and meth are cheap and easily available because they are illegal

What about a man who goes to a bar, has a few drinks, flirts with a pretty girl, and winds up in her hotel room?

Flip side of that, would you rather a man who was just looking for sex go see a hooker, or lie and manipulate an innocent girl?

Look, I don't have a perfect solution for other people's morals or problems. All I'm saying is that if the temptation is both legal and right there on every corner, I think people are much more likely to give in to a whim and do something really wrong (like a hooker or heroin) than if they have to go out of their way to seek it out, and risk arrest while they're at it.

Making it illegal makes it available on every corner. I think that's the point you are missing. Heroin and meth are cheap and easily available because they are illegal
    I do not know of one single corner where I live, where I work, or where my kids go to school that right there free and legal on the corner one can easily buy heroin or a hooker.

Not one.

Agreed. I don't see guys on the street corner selling cigarettes to minors. Any kid today will tell you it is easier for them to buy illegal drugs than a pack of smokes. If cigs were made illegal tomorrow you'd see guys selling them on the street corner for $50 a pack...to anyone with money, no matter what age.

Legalizing pot would put the "real bad guys" out of business, and I doubt if Wallgreens or a corner mom and pop shop would sell it to kids as easily as they can get it today.
    BayRat

Why would there be hookers on every corner? Society in whole would not tolerate that. Just because it was legal? Cigs, alcohol, gambling, RX drugs ect... are all legal and they are not 'on every street corner' Why does it have to be this big doom and gloom drama? If hookers where legal they could have cathouses for them and make it safe(STD testing) and a grown man could actually enjoy LIBERTY and spend is hard earned money however the hell he feels like. Have you ever been to Vegas(only 5 of NV 18 counties prostitution is illegal) or St. Martin? There are no hookers on the street corners were it is legal but the are plenty of them on the streets where it is illegal.

Actually it has been proven in Europe that when dope is legal or tolerated usage actually went down quite substantially.

Nothing personal JZ but you are trying to use your opinions to contradict facts, that ain't gonna work for your arguments sake. I respect your opinions but I don't agree with them
    Last edited by LBI-Waterman; 04-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.

I do not know of one single corner where I live, where I work, or where my kids go to school that right there free and legal on the corner one can easily buy heroin or a hooker.

Not one.
    You are dangerously delusional if you think heroin and meth aren't in your neighborhood and in the schools

Default The Netherlands rethinks sex and drugs

Quote Originally Posted by LBI-Waterman View Post
    Actually it has been proven in Europe that when dope is legal or tolerated usage actually went down quite substantially.

Nothing personal JZ but you are trying to use your opinions to contradict facts, that ain't gonna work for your arguments sake. I respect your opinions but I don't agree with them
    Criminal trafficking is shutting down the party, as local and national governments squelch the sex trade and weed out the marijuana cafes and magic mushroom boutiques.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...and_drugs.html

"People come here for sex, drugs and art," says Hollander. "But things have gotten out of hand. The government knows it must act, but it can't take away the thing that made the country such an attraction: its free-spirited nature."
    Legal Reform

Criminal trafficking is shutting down the party, as local and national governments squelch the sex trade and weed out the marijuana cafes and magic mushroom boutiques.

"People come here for sex, drugs and art," says Hollander. "But things have gotten out of hand. The government knows it must act, but it can't take away the thing that made the country such an attraction: its free-spirited nature."
    That link is irrelevant to what I'm saying. That is like saying the local native society of Cancun is synonymous to the idiot drunk spring breakers and their activities. People go there to party and let loose. The tourist activities and attraction don't represent the natives. The title of your link clearly says its shuting down the party(tourists)"Criminal trafficking is shutting down the party, as local and national governments squelch the sex trade and weed out the marijuana cafes and magic mushroom boutiques."
    Apples to oranges. Not gonna work, sorry.

If you are not gonna bring your own ideas or facts to the table at least post an accurate and relevant link...http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...f-in-portugal/
    Last edited by LBI-Waterman; 04-03-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBI-Waterman View Post
    That link is irrelevant to what I'm saying. That is like saying the local native society of Cancun is synonymous to the idiot drunk spring breakers and their activities. People go there to party and let loose. The tourist activities and attraction don't represent the natives. The title of your link clearly says its shuting down the party(tourists)"Criminal trafficking is shutting down the party, as local and national governments squelch the sex trade and weed out the marijuana cafes and magic mushroom boutiques."
    Apples to oranges. Not gonna work, sorry.

If you are not gonna bring your own ideas or facts to the table at least post an accurate and relevant link...http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...f-in-portugal/
    Why type something that is already published. Gov's who have tried it are now rethinking it. We (people like yourself not me) seem to think Europe has all the answers yet when they turn back you attack the article or poster. I realize you think your a tough guy but if that makes you feel good more power to you.
    Legal Reform

After reading your link above it sounds as though these "problems" didn't start until stricter laws were put in place in 2006? Hmmm....
    BayRat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in