Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 16% say no to marijuana legalization

Quote Originally Posted by Pandion View Post
    Sure, people want what they can't have!
    Well, we can very simply agree to disagree on that one.
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BayRat View Post
    Agreed. I don't see guys on the street corner selling cigarettes to minors. Any kid today will tell you it is easier for them to buy illegal drugs than a pack of smokes. If cigs were made illegal tomorrow you'd see guys selling them on the street corner for $50 a pack...to anyone with money, no matter what age.

Legalizing pot would put the "real bad guys" out of business, and I doubt if Wallgreens or a corner mom and pop shop would sell it to kids as easily as they can get it today.
    Do that and then what will the "real bad guys" do to make money. Lets see, robberies will go up, home invasions will go up, you will probably have a rise in kidnappings and like what is happening in Colorado, Cartels will start shaking down marijuana stores and any other illegal activity that is now deemed legal. Pick your poison

Quote Originally Posted by drewmaen View Post
    Do that and then what will the "real bad guys" do to make money. Lets see, robberies will go up, home invasions will go up, you will probably have a rise in kidnappings and like what is happening in Colorado, Cartels will start shaking down marijuana stores and any other illegal activity that is now deemed legal. Pick your poison
    If that is your reasoning you have to to be the dumbest person ever.

All the talk about legalization reminds me of the attitudes that pervaded the masses in the last days of the Roman Empire. Hearing all this, I can't help but think that the USA has only another decade or two of supremacy left. Hope that I am wrong, but unless this country makes a 180 degree turn, I see no way of avoiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by insanityrunningwild View Post
    All the talk about legalization reminds me of the attitudes that pervaded the masses in the last days of the Roman Empire. Hearing all this, I can't help but think that the USA has only another decade or two of supremacy left. Hope that I am wrong, but unless this country makes a 180 degree turn, I see no way of avoiding it.
    Insanity running wild, you picked a perfect handle. You have lost your mind. This country was much better before drugs were made illegal .

You righ, lest not fight crime becasue criminals will just move around

Rockledge PA, Ocean City NJ, Cassville PA

All we need is liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinthefisherman View Post
    All we need is liberty.
    Definition please.Founding Fathers definition or the updated more modern view?
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    If that is your reasoning you have to to be the dumbest person ever.
    Not my reasoning for not legalizing it but be prepared to handle these things because they will happen. I just think it's funny when he said handle the real bad guys. Bad guys will still be involved in drugs. As long as it is taxed there will be a black market for marijuana and any other drug and if bad guys can't make money doing that they will find another way.

Not my reasoning for not legalizing it but be prepared to handle these things because they will happen. I just think it's funny when he said handle the real bad guys. Bad guys will still be involved in drugs. As long as it is taxed there will be a black market for marijuana and any other drug and if bad guys can't make money doing that they will find another way.
    What is your reason then?

You are of course right. Many advocates for legalization use the moronic argument that the people now involved in the drug trade will go away if there is legalization. Well, the people who robbed trains and stage coaches didn't go away went those means of transporting money were suplanted. The bad guys involved in prohibiition did not go away when prohibiition was repealed. And the bad guys won't go away if drugs are legalized. What bad things they will do, though, is a wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    Insanity running wild, you picked a perfect handle. You have lost your mind. This country was much better before drugs were made illegal .
    And it was much better before we became a hand-out nation. So let's have liberty. Those who want to have liberty to use drugs can have it. With that goes the liberty to live with the consequences and not shift the costs of those consequences on others. Those who want liberty from having to support others can have it. But let me guess. Those who want to legalize drugs probably want liberty to be a one way street. They get the liberty they want, but others don't get the liberty they want.

Rockledge PA, Ocean City NJ, Cassville PA

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtop View Post
    Definition please.Founding Fathers definition or the updated more modern view?
    Liberty to do what you want with your own body and your life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9518444-large.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	125089HOW do you guys stand it? The whole country is going to pot

Quote Originally Posted by melvinthefisherman View Post
    Liberty to do what you want with your own body and your life.
    Amen!!!!!.............

When you
    get pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt,
    when they knock on your door to take your guns,
    when you are dying in agony but unable to ask your doctor to put you out of your misery
    remember you deserve everything coming to you because you were against the liberty to control your own destiny.
    Last edited by lunatic; 04-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in