Drag racing question
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drag racing question

Default Drag racing question

My 14 year old son told me he can run a car at Atco if an adult is in the car and car is stock. Anybody know the rules? What is considered stock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    My 14 year old son told me he can run a car at Atco if an adult is in the car and car is stock. Anybody know the rules? What is considered stock?
    Ask the expert Glen Brooks.......
    A STEADY JOB HAS RUINED MANY A GOOD FISHERMEN.

I don't know the rules for "stock", but I'm sure they are complicated. But I am pretty sure of one thing, your 14 year old son is trying to pull one over on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich View Post
    I don't know the rules for "stock", but I'm sure they are complicated. But I am pretty sure of one thing, your 14 year old son is trying to pull one over on you.
    Imagine that! We were going to sneak his moms 135i down there and check it out. She told me I can't race it, never said he couldn't .

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    Imagine that! We were going to sneak his moms 135i down there and check it out. She told me I can't race it, never said he couldn't .
    You are a big kid looking for trouble!

I'd love to be there is see the look on your wife's face when she finds out.

I don't know the age thing....but I started racing there when I was 17. "Stock" is just a generic term. Back then all it took was a helmet to run any car that was slower than 12 seconds in the quarter mile, which is 99.9999% of street cars. Faster than that and you'll need a roll cage and other safety gear. If you are talking about a street car, your son is probably right.
    BayRat

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich View Post
    I'd love to be there is see the look on your wife's face when she finds out.
    Probably the same look as when he pulled in the driveway on my Electra glide coming from his friends house about a 1/2 mile up the road. She yelled at me for that, I told her I was riding a 450 Honda all over Burlington county at that age. If we ain't pissin his mom of once and a while we ain't having as much fun as we can be having. Probably a good time to have a go pro on to record it.

Iam almost positive, only 1 person in the car, no passengers. And you have to have a drivers liscense. I dont think any insurance would cover that, no matter how many waivers they have you sign

27 blackfin "TINA MARIE"
    250 OX66'S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in