Reports March 1 - March 31 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reports March 1 - March 31

Administrator

Was out late this morning, windy and cold.
    Didn't flyyfish, but dropped something decent.
    I was fishing a nice cut deep in the backwater with some kind of big gulp thingy on a 1/2oz jig head.

Will give it a shot tomorrow as well, when the tide is full and I can get up on some nice flats.

REN

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Ft. Wash., Pa. , West Cape May & Bree Zee Lee Ramp

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayRay
    Things are starting to look up. Saw the first dolphins of the season running up the beach today. Seems early for them to be back, but it is a good sign. Means there has to be food around. Sea Herring etc.

Talked to a couple of guys that were surf fishing with clam. Not hits but they were trying.

Will try a re-con trip next week to see if I can find any warm water, bait or fish.
    Hey Ray, sounds good , thanx for the report & good to see the dolphins back so early, maybe it's a sign of an early run. How was the water clarity in the areas we fish? I'm Jonesin' bad for a bend iin the rod, my first trip to the front will be in the next ten days , I'm sure.
    Tom

Tom, the water wasn't too bad.

It was freezing cold last night. I have been watching the back bay temps that Fred at No Bones has been posting. Dropped from 53 to 49 today. Believe the ocean is around 45.

This afternoon I checked the beach and back bay areas from Cape May to Stone Harbor. Did not see any birds, or bait. Put in 2 hours in the Stone Harbor area with the flyrod on the back half of the outgoing tide. No strikes and no signs of bait.

Looked at marina on 47 the other day and was thinking about doing a trailer trip up on D bay where the water is warmer and the fish are moving a bit. With a good size float on trailer, not sure weather it would work for me on anything but a high tide.

With my marina open this week, I will probably put the boat in the slip tomorrow or Monday. (I hate to get all that bait crap all over the boat, but it might be the only show in town till the water warms a bit.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in