Interested in flyfishing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interested in flyfishing

Default Interested in flyfishing

Well... I know its early yet but one of the things on my christmas list this year is a flyfishing setup.

I want to know what to look for as a beginner saltwater setup, commonly used terms, someone to teach me how to use it so I dont hook myself in the back of the head like i did when I was messing with one when I was younger..

Id probably be shooting for inshore type fish (stripers, blues, weakies, etc)
    FISH ARE FOOD... NOT FRIENDS!!
    -Andrew K
    "and its wave over wave, sea over bow Im as happy a man as the seas will allow..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I wish you well in your pursuit. I'm sure someone from the local club will fill you in on club meetings etc. Great way to get started. Good luck & I hope you find what you seek.

BTW you can't go wrong with a TFO 8wt, Billy Pate reel & int. line. A handful of clousers, a deceiver or three & you will be good for 95% of back bay, sod bank, or dark bridge fishing as well as the surf.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

Wrote all that down on the xmas list.... Thanks a ton!
    FISH ARE FOOD... NOT FRIENDS!!
    -Andrew K
    "and its wave over wave, sea over bow Im as happy a man as the seas will allow..."

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Don't forget to ask for some patience. I love fishing with the flyrod but I get frustrated when I can't catch any fish. I do have to say that when you hook into a decent one with the flyrod it is worth it. Good Luck.

Hey dutch shoot me an email at [email protected] have to ask you something. Joe

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in