Need some help getting started. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some help getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by 445 supermag View Post
    thanks guys for all your help. I will put all your recommends to use.

The one thing you stated about casting a 10wt from a yak will be tireing. Now there is more of a reason to get an 8 wt for most my yaking. This way when I adventure out front off the beach and the 30 and 40 lbers are out there I have the 10wt.

I have lots to learn and do for the spring dance with the stripers so I will get to it.

Thanks again for everything I will keep you posted and will call on you for info when needed at a later date, much appreciation guys

Brian
    Good luck brian, these guys forgot to mention one thing, MASH YOUR BARBS, this has nothing to do with catch &release, it is just easier to pull them out of yourself as you hike the learning curve.
    Nullum gratuitum prandium

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VF Fishhead View Post
    Good luck brian, these guys forgot to mention one thing, MASH YOUR BARBS, this has nothing to do with catch &release, it is just easier to pull them out of yourself as you hike the learning curve.
    good point, it will happen.
    John Yank

A possible consideration to be taken into account so as to minimize the point of entry wounds in the next hat selection?
    Pete

1970 402c.i. 375hp, 4:11 rear end.

NOW THAT'S A RIDE!!

use UV Knotsense always

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Narragansett View Post
    A possible consideration to be taken into account so as to minimize the point of entry wounds in the next hat selection?
    sound like we figured out next years hat, Simms gore-tex KEVLAR elmer fudd hat for when its cold rainy and you have that 30 kt gust pushing the line across your body and the clousers whistle passed your ear.

sound like we figured out next years hat, Simms gore-tex KEVLAR elmer fudd hat for when its cold rainy and you have that 30 kt gust pushing the line across your body and the clousers whistle passed your ear.
    Now , we just need to work on the design. Should it have a semi sports look in sink sponge green like the non gale force model currently in use, or should it have a black flack tactical look. Maybe with a couple of those armor tiles in the ear flaps?????

I don't know, there is a lot to iron out here. Maybe we should skip the tiles, stay with the Kevlar, and talk to the manufacturers of Artic Armor. If we can make this baby float, and it happens to be all that you are wearing for PFD protection, at least your head will be bobbing in the water like a wine cork.
    Last edited by Narragansett; 02-07-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    Pete

NOW THAT'S A RIDE!!

use UV Knotsense always

Now , we just need to work on the design. Should it have a semi sports look in sink sponge green like the non gale force model currently in use, or should it have a black flack tactical look. Maybe with a couple of those armor tiles in the ear flaps?????

I don't know, there is a lot to iron out here. Maybe we should skip the tiles, stay with the Kevlar, and talk to the manufacturers of Artic Armor. If we can make this baby float, and it happens to be all that you are wearing for PFD protection, at least your head will be bobbing in the water like a wine cork.
    I like the balistic tiles in the ear flaps idea, but how about we incorporate airbag technology into the unit and when you fall out of the boat and hit the water the bags inflate and your head bobs above the water......and then there could be a signal beacon and audible device activated and there you are bobbing around makeing noise and flahing away your location.....i think were on to something here

I like the balistic tiles in the ear flaps idea, but how about we incorporate airbag technology into the unit and when you fall out of the boat and hit the water the bags inflate and your head bobs above the water......and then there could be a signal beacon and audible device activated and there you are bobbing around makeing noise and flahing away your location.....i think were on to something here
    OK so we need a lash tab and beacon . That's easy enough. Air bags should be able to be fitted in. Cutting edge technology . Is there any application for helium here?

The audible is a bit more complex. Need waterproof construction, and slim profile rechargable batteries, with an extended life. Audible signal?????, how about a continuously playing rendition of 99 bottles of beer on the wall?

Need a test pilot for this device. Chuck Yeager is long since retired, so we lost getting him. Do we know anybody else that has a last name that starts with a Y?
    Pete

NOW THAT'S A RIDE!!

use UV Knotsense always

OK so we need a lash tab and beacon . That's easy enough. Air bags should be able to be fitted in. Cutting edge technology . Is there any application for helium here?

The audible is a bit more complex. Need waterproof construction, and slim profile rechargable batteries, with an extended life. Audible signal?????, how about a continuously playing rendition of 99 bottles of beer on the wall?

Need a test pilot for this device. Chuck Yeager is long since retired, so we lost getting him. Do we know anybody else that has a last name that starts with a Y?
    what about the theme from jaws?

what about the theme from jaws?
    this is supposed to be a life saving device, not a replacement for waterboarding
    Pete

NOW THAT'S A RIDE!!

use UV Knotsense always

Second that sentiment Pete, Yikes, that would be horrible. Why not just play a recording of a baby seal screaming. But make it only start once the sun goes down. Maybe an automatic chum dispencer.
    John Yank

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguy784 View Post
    Second that sentiment Pete, Yikes, that would be horrible. Why not just play a recording of a baby seal screaming. But make it only start once the sun goes down. Maybe an automatic chum dispencer.
    Another thought in the development. We need a northern and southern unit
    Pete

NOW THAT'S A RIDE!!

use UV Knotsense always

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in