Fishing Wednesday
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing Wednesday

Angry Fishing Wednesday CANCELLED

I'm going to Cape May tomorrow to give it a shot. I can't stand not fishing due to NOAA and their inaccurate reports. Just me and the dog. So if ya see a camo Lund with a Merc, swing by and say Hi. Ken. VHF 68
    Last edited by 2dogs; 06-03-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Cancelled

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I'm going to Cape May tomorrow to give it a shot. I can't stand not fishing due to NOAA and their inaccurate reports. Just me and the dog. So if ya see a camo Lund with a Merc, swing by and say Hi. Ken. VHF 68
    what should we say if we only want to say hi to the dog? good luck Ken
    Nullum gratuitum prandium

Well, just stop at his end of the boat. Maybe he'll share a biscuit with you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

does that mean you won't share yours with me?
    did you train him to take photos and tie bimminis?

I tried but he is bad with the camera and worse with knots. His job is to find the fish, hang over the side, fall in and get tangled in my line. He is very good at that. He won't give me a biscuit.

Left at 2:30, got to Sea Isle, lighning all around, wind picked up. NOAA said storms all morning. We are back home and going back to bed.

Left at 2:30, got to Sea Isle, lighning all around, wind picked up. NOAA said storms all morning. We are back home and going back to bed.
    Sorry to hear that Ken, had it happen a few times myself. 2 1/2 hour drive, up at 1 AM, gear packed, lunch packed. Get to the ramp, open the door and have every piece of paper in the truck blown out by the 25 kt winds.
    John Yank

too bad you didn't get out...maybe you can train the dog to predict weather, he can't be any worse than NOAA. one bark it's good 2 barks it's bad. I'll bet he is as accurate as they are.

I tried but he is bad with the camera and worse with knots. His job is to find the fish, hang over the side, fall in and get tangled in my line. He is very good at that. He won't give me a biscuit.
    i tried to get my dog to tie knots for me but he insists on using duo snaps

I know better than to believe NOAA. I should have gone down and waited. I would have been on the water by 6 with light winds from the north. I saw the line of storms on the weather radar before I left. Then NOAA said there were more stroms coming all morning. Thats what sent me home.
    This is the third trip NOAA has screwed up. I haven't been out yet. Looking at next week now.
    My pup is good at landing fish. I hold his tail and he grabs them by the lip, just like a boga.

Cape May is in a whole other world. Delaware Bay can sometimes work for you or against you when it comes to weather. That is why if my clients are down here we wait till show time to see if we are a go or no go. Sometimes I shoot myself in the foot when they are coming down just for the afternoon from Philly and have to go with what NOAA says.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in