Reports aug. 1 - aug. 31 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reports aug. 1 - aug. 31

Here is a report from another member from a boat.

Rick, I fished my favorite location in the Canal this morning and had 12 stripers between 16" & 20". They were caught on a #2 Kevins Killer, olive body and white tail. Also had one small flounder about 15". On Wednesday the fish were up in the cut on the high tide and I waited 3 hours for the tide to drop but with the full moon the tide did not drop enough for the fish to come out to open water also I think the fish were much larger on Wednesday. The were keyed in on a really big run of peanut bunker. There was so much bait in the water that it was difficult picking your line out of the water without snagging them. After fishing the Canal I moved out to the ice breakers and fished with ( that nasty four letter word ) and caught a couple of small sea bass and another small flounder.
    FlyaboutSmith
    Rick

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default 8/28

Headed out on the flats skiff after midnight and hit the scene for a couple hours. Jumped a bunch of fish and landed some nice ones. Gulf pipefish pattern.

Insomniac Guide Service LLC
    Capt. Dan Schafer
    Year Round Striped Bass
    Shallow Water Back Bay
    Fly & Light Tackle Fishing
    in Stone Harbor NJ.
    (609)-780-5124
    [email protected]
    G.Loomis, Shimano, Yeti, Lowrance, Tackle Direct Pro Staff
    Join Us On Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Insomniac-Guide-Service-LLC/127841563899334

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    Headed out on the flats skiff after midnight and hit the scene for a couple hours. Jumped a bunch of fish and landed some nice ones. Gulf pipefish pattern.

Nice Job Dan glad to see you post some reports in the FF forum

-------------------
    Catch and Release
    Bob

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Here is a report from some of our members who went to the Chessy to give it a shot.

Rick,
    Jerry and I fished around Poplar Island in Chesapeake Bay with guide Richie Gaines yesterday and got ca. 25 rock fish and 1 blue on flies. Fish were bursting on the surface from 9:30 until after 3 pm. Most success with light colored clousers. Most fun with large white floating gurglers on breaking fish - what a hoot! Should have caught a lot more fish. Some interference by other boats in morning. Nice fishery. Mostly 16 to 19 inches, some 20 and over this week.

Cheers, Allan

Rick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in