Cabo Report
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabo Report

Default Cabo Report

Got back last night. None of the fishing went as I hoped.
    I tried several days to fish the beach. The waves were large and the beach very steep. Dry sand to 4' deep in the blink of an eye.
    Panga fishing was OK. Managed a few dorado on the fly. Bait, sardines, were scarce so it was hard to chum up the roosters. Capt tried to do a bait and switch but they didn't want any part of the fly. My wife caught 2 roosters on live bait. Also managed to present a fly to one marlin. He wasn't interested.
    Fished a 31' Bertram. Had one striped marlin hooked up for a minute or two on a trolled bait, and that was it. Caught some large dorado but no more billfish.
    Couple of guys fishing the beach with spin tackle did OK on roosters. June is prime rooster and Nov/Dec prime billfish time. The lack of sardines was a major issues.
    Talked to a couple of guys that targeted tuna. They did well with yellowfin 100lb +.
    I learned alot and next time will be better prepared.
    Last edited by 2dogs; 09-19-2010 at 10:52 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Welcome back Ken. Bummer! Wish it would have gone better. I'm sure we have all found, those first trips to a new area, new species or new type of fishing, gets off to a rough start. It's always better the next time out there. I experianced that scenario many times. Florida, CBBT, Rhode Island and Montauk. The first trip is always at the bottom of the learning curve.
    John Yank

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in