Quote Originally Posted by BILLO View Post
The hooks were Top grade. You could barely bend them with your hands - Almost impossible without a pair of pliers. As far as the drag - There was that tell-tale sign of give that the sound of the reel makes. There were so many stripers around you did not want to galligag reeling them in,plus the boat was chasing them when they 'ran' on top of the water.I dont think the boat came to a full stop most of the trips. Most of the fish caught were just keepers and we all were trying to get the BIG ONES. Just Hard and Furious action !
There were so many stripers around you did not want to galligag reeling them in.

Then I guess I would have to ask.............what's the point. Not trying to give you a hard time bud. Just doesn't make alot of sense to me. Isn't the point to "land the fish". I would find it hard to believe a capt would just "dart" off to catch "keepers" when a guy is buttoned tight a BIG fish. Help me out here.
The technicalities of drag vs hook strength is another discussion. I'd be happy to indulge in said discussion if you'd like. Don't see much point in that either. No pun intended.