Reports february 1 - february 29 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reports february 1 - february 29

Some more really nice looking fish. Well done.

I managed to get out on my lunch breaks yesterday and today. Fished a couple of my favorite rock piles in the Longport area. Yesterday was just about to windy to make a decent cast, but aside from that, conditions weren't half bad. Today the wind was about half the intensity and the water was crystal clear. Not even any weed floating around. Unfortunately no fish were either. Shouldn't be long now.
    The only thing that sucked about this afternoon was me slipping on a rock and trying to end my season before it started. Apparently my Korkers don't hold like they used too. I'm bruised from my left hip to my shin, but I managed to somehow keep my rod and reel from getting damaged. Maybe I'll use the boat tomorrow and leave the rocks to those who mend faster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear you kept the rod & reel okay. Sorry about your travails.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

Quote Originally Posted by shrottz View Post
    I'm bruised from my left hip to my shin, but I managed to somehow keep my rod and reel from getting damaged.

All my freinds will tell you, the moment I lose footing my rig goes straight in the air(which is frequently, my jetty is made of 60 year old georgia granite, and the rocks are slicker than snot). I killed a canyon 6 (bent frame) and a 1090 Xi2 by using it to cushion my fall once, since that experience I started instinctively throwing my left arm in the air and turning to the right. 7 years of aikido and I still end up in a cast about once every 2-3 years.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default Rocks Win when it comes to humans everytime

Good to hear you only got a few bruises. Jetties can be super dangerous no matter how cautious you are. Be careful!

Bill, you are hard core! I did my share of walking slippery rocks. I still fish rocks once in a while but not as crazy as I was when I was younger. I fish them in better conditions and do not have to get down to the lowest slipperest ones. Also do not fish them with waves washing accross them anymore.

The pockets close to beach look more attractive as you get older and they can be fished from the sand and hold fish. I leave fishing the ends and sides to fishing from the boat.

Thanks guys. I decided to spend today on some less slippery land, scouting turkey hunting spots. It was slow going for the most part. I should survive. I guess I'm just a whiner. By the end of the day, even my wife was calling me a sissy and telling me to suck in up. May try and wet a line tomorrrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayRay View Post
    Bill, you are hard core!
    Just hard headed.

Quote Originally Posted by shrottz View Post
    I guess I'm just a whiner. By the end of the day, even my wife was calling me a sissy and telling me to suck in up. May try and wet a line tomorrrow.

Damn that's harsh, 10 bucks says she's Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'DirtyCaster View Post
    Damn that's harsh, 10 bucks says she's Irish.
    Close! German and Russian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in