Pork rind on flies - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pork rind on flies

Thanks. I'm open to anything thing. I such a noob at this stuff I don't take any comment as negative. I like talking fishing and I've found everyone to be helpful.

I like the pork trailer idea the best but for my own sake I'll have to play around with the idea.
    You can't really be a fisherman and a pessimist.
    I don't want to have a nice day. I want to catch big fish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Allejo View Post
    Thanks. I'm open to anything thing. I such a noob at this stuff I don't take any comment as negative. I like talking fishing and I've found everyone to be helpful.

I like the pork trailer idea the best but for my own sake I'll have to play around with the idea.
    Glad you didn't take it as negative, it wasn't meant that way. Brainstorming means floating an idea and getting responses' good and bad. Some guys want only to hear atta boys. Sometimes an idea isn't a good one. May be inefficient, time consuming or simply un-neccassary. By all means, play, experiment and try new things. If you put up an idea, expect to hear the pro's and CON'S of the idea. Otherwise, what's the point. With nothing but "positive" feedback, one will not learn.
    If you really want a pork rind type tail, there is a company that has now for years put out pre cut "fly tails". Although they do look good while swimming, they never really caught on. Not sure what material they are, I think chamois. Cut like a little curly tail grub. One thing to bare in mind, that type of tailing tends to "propeller" when being cast. It can cut down on your casting distance. The other issue is weight, pork rind tends to be heavy, which may also cut down on your casting distance.
    What I was trying to get across was that for blues, fancy isn't required.
    A quality stainless hook won't rust, some do. It depends on what stainless they are made of, less pure etc. The other issue might be, keeping some materials wet for extended periods causes them to degrade. It will certainly fog head cements and epoxies. They will get nasty.
    Hope this info helps you as you pursue your idea.
    John Yank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in